Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
WOOHOOO I had 'happy mail' yesterday when I got home.
It was from Candi.
I got some of my favorit candy, 2 beautiful peices of Batik material in my favorite colors, a santa pattern and a Quilting book with lots of cute patterns.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :)
So glad you liked it! I never thought of putting burgundy and green together in a quilt (I don't know if you put them together even, but you listed them as your favorite colors so I was looking for them together), until I found those batiks. See, shopping for others can be a learning experience too :mrgreen:
Old 09-03-2010, 06:54 AM

I received my secret pal package yesterday! What a wonderful package, BUT....you didn't put your name anywhere....
.A true SECRET Pal....but, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm sorry I can't post picture but it's all great! you did a bang up job in selecting times for me! 3 spools of Sulky thread!!!:) Three beautiful fat quarters, a flexible thimble, cute kit for making Christmas wreath kit! Wowsers! You outdid yourself and I thank you! :):):)
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM

I received my secret pal package yesterday. I was so excited. It was a long day. I was at school for 12 hours and then had to drive an hour to get home. I found the package on the front step and couldn't wait to open it. Here is what was inside:
4 fat quarters
a 3.5 x 3.5 non-slip ruler
a pattern for the Easy Star Runner
a peanut butter and chocolate Kudos bar (which was yummy! It didn't last long :-D
a sweet card

Thank you so much Lori!! I love everything you gave me!

All my goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110171[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110166.jpe  
Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I hope that everybody will give it another chance. I know that I have volunteered to help sent out replacement packages because I want everybody to have a chance to open up fun stuff in the mail.
In June I didn't receive my sp package..and Bonnie was the replacement pal. She sent a very nice package to me...loved it all.
I signed up also to be a replacement if needed.
Peace and blessings,
Old 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Wahooooo I came home this afternoon to a wonderful package from JacquelineVH in Canada. Had a beautiuful red (my favorite color) bag full of wonderful items and a nice Canada magnet for my fridge. I collect those from all over and she did not know it either. And my Jujus candy...Will eat the black ones first, then the red, then orange...etc. LOL. Nice pincushion, Batik FQ, needles,thread, Singer Adhesive measuring tape,Lamisilk threapy lotion, and essentials ribbon. And a great Quilter mag. Thank you so much and especially since you ahd tro ship from Canada. It made my week. Hugs.

See my cute Halloween buttons-pumpkins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110210[/ATTACH]

Hot Pepper bag - going to hold my goodies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110368[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110205.jpe   attachment-110363.jpe  
Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 PM

I came home today and found my happy box!! Couldn't call it a squishy, that's for sure. From quiltaddict, some awesome candles, foot scrubbie soap, 4 inch purple charm squares....and a "make-your-own kit" for making a crayon quilt!! And she sent me a large picture of my favorite cartoon character, Eeyore!! Couldn't resist!! Had to sit right down and begin, immediately. And it turned out so cute!! I've sent her a message saying I NEED to know where I can get the rest of the gang! I want to make individual panels/wall hangings to put in a nursery someday!!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 AM

Okay. So I tried to post the pic on Friday, but my computer and sewing machine are in cahoots. They misbehave at the worst possible times lately!! (That's what I get apparently for moving the sewing machine into the dining room where my hubby has been working on his online class. Now they "communicate"!) But hopefully, here is the picture of the most adorable Eeyore ever!! (Because I made him, of course!)

And, now I know where to get the others!! Target!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111770.jpe  
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 AM

whoo-hoo, it worked!!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 AM

:) I received my squishy from Quiltingbee12! Thank you Emily for the wonderful surprises within it too! I just love the patterns, especially the Hattitudes quilt pattern:) And I just love the black and white picture of by gone days, I am looking for a frame to put it in and have decided to get a plain one and decorate it with sewing notions! Thanks too for the candle ring and the Pear soap. I will be using the soap when I take a soak bath later tonight! And thank you too for the piece of fabric and adorable buttons. I know I will find good use for them too.

My Squishy contents!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111789[/ATTACH]

Close up of the wonderful picture!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111790[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111784.jpe   attachment-111785.jpe  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Glad you liked them!!