Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM

I would like to thank Candi very much for being my replacement August secret pal. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I just love the cat advent calender, and matching fabric for borders. Mia is our 8 year old siamese cat who unfortunately has heart disease. We love cats in our house hold so this was very appropriate gift. Also a lovely santa pattern called starlight santa bright and I can't wait to make these for christmas. Two postcards from New york and a packet of Hershey Dark chocolate snacks. We don't have Hershey bars in Australia so I can't wait to try them. Thanks again Candi

Mia checking out the fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112327[/ATTACH]

Advent calender
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112328[/ATTACH]

My other goodies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112322.jpe   attachment-112323.jpe   attachment-112324.jpe  
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 AM

aussie croydon, your quilt inspector Mia is gorgeous!! Also your goodies from Candi!!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:10 AM

Now that the Sept. secret swap has started, I hope that everyone received their August goodies and enjoyed them. I hope this NEW month will bring lots of surprises for everyone. Let the fun begin once again!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Other than a few items to make it personal to the reciever, my September pack is ready to be mailed LOL :)
Old 09-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by lizcake
But hopefully, here is the picture of the most adorable Eeyore ever!! (Because I made him, of course!)

And, now I know where to get the others!! Target!!
Liz, you did a wonderful job. I had to take a 1/2 day class and my blocks did not look near as good as yours. I'm glad you liked it. Can hardly wait to see how you do the other Pooh characters.

:thumbup:
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by aussie croydon
I would like to thank Candi very much for being my replacement August secret pal. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I just love the cat advent calender, and matching fabric for borders. Mia is our 8 year old siamese cat who unfortunately has heart disease. We love cats in our house hold so this was very appropriate gift. Also a lovely santa pattern called starlight santa bright and I can't wait to make these for christmas. Two postcards from New york and a packet of Hershey Dark chocolate snacks. We don't have Hershey bars in Australia so I can't wait to try them. Thanks again Candi
I wasn't expecting you to get the package yet! Wow, that was quick! So glad you like what I sent you. :)
Old 09-07-2010, 01:46 AM

Thank you secret pal, you didn't include a board name, but you're from Purdy MO. Thank you for my lovely gifts, they will all be extremely useful. Batiks, threads and thimble.
It seems you've been lurking round my house, because I've been hunting for a suitable thimble, so that my fingers are safe from needle eyes, which keep piercing them.
thank you.
Linda
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 AM

Thanks so much to my secret pal, Guna60, your package arrived today. I am between cameras at the moment, so I cant take a pic. But I loved the 3-way placemat, very clever idea. And the cat fabric is gorgeous - I already have plans for a cats-in-the-window.
You wont see a pic of the chocs though, I already ate them :)
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 AM

I got my August squishie last Saturday and have been late in getting this info on the board. Thanks Lucky-Lady-Laur for the beautiful bird fabric, the Rings and Things quilt pattern and the quilt wash. I have fabric in my stash to match what you sent me and I can make a cute lap quilt. Thanks so Much! I also PM'd you my thank you.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM

I forgot to post pics of my Aug swap (received it awhile ago) Cinnascents sent me a wonderful package I misplaced the card and possibly an item or two :oops: But I have to say I absolutely love the gifts Handmade journal cover with dolphins!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112084.jpe