Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hey folks! I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to the group as a whole about me posting the picture(s) {I do not remember if I posted one or two} with a gun in it. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone at all. I will try much harder to use my "filter" on what I post here.

I am a big girl and if someone is upset with me about some thing I have said or done, please tell me. I am very open minded and willing to see other's points of view. It takes a whole lot to really upset me. So, vent away at me if I have upset you and I will do what I can to make it right (just as I hope I am doing now).

I do appreciate this group as I have gained so much insight in the months I have been part of this thread and for that I love y'all very much!

I would NEVER EVER want to hurt anyone here for any thing at all. You guys are like family to me and for that I am most grateful.

I will take some time though and back off as it seems that there have been some complaints. Never fear, my friends, I will read every single thing you write. I am just like Santa in that way. I know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sakes!

*big grin*

Love ya lots!

Missy
Missy you are a beautiful woman,
I don't know what was said about the gun thing but don't worry about it. I own guns and in fact carry one most of the time. People need to lighten up. We are loosing our rights every day and Also in the parts of the country we are from guns are a part of everyday life so we don't give it a second thought. This is supposed to be a friendly site, we need to leave opinions out of it people. To me all the religious refrences get old but you don't hear me whining about it.

Rock on Missy be yourself, I am a huge mental illness advocate , have a son with problems, etc, Let me tell you I have delt with mental illness for many years, I have even worked as a psch nurse.

So many people have problems because they feel that they can not be theirselves and have been constantly judged by others. One thing I have learned in my 4o plus years is be myself and screw the ones that don't like it!

Actually the pic of the dude in the hot tub looked like a good idea to me LMBO

To be perfectly honest I have had a gun ready on th edge of my hot tub, I live out in the country but have had a few break ins in my garage.
Anyway one night I was out in my hot tub which is in my backyard redneck style, and I seen a shadow run from the tree to the garage, well I hauled ass into the house and got the spot light . Yep no imagination there he was running across the field. Guess he didnt realize my friend and I were chillin in the hot tub cause the big cover hid us. I live on 200 acres he had no bussiness on my property.

I dare him to come back here I will light him up!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good morning. It's a new and I hope it goes well. Missy I worried about you last night please let me or us know how you are doing. Tru did you get that phone call???? Fingers crossed that you did. I'm guessing that a few of the new weight loss folks need to go back and read the rules. We do a lot and I mean a lot of chit chat here that has nothing to do weight loss at all. There are several of us that have been doing this for a while and we welcome everyone to join us but please if you don't like what someone said or a picture that was posted don't whine about it. I'd like to think we are all adult enough to be able to realize that we have control of only our own personal choices and try not to make everyone behave or believe as we do. Let's have fun here and if you are offended do the adult thing and move on. If you see something you don't like then don't look at it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Carol I am very sorry to her of your loss :-( my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jennifer-congrats on the loss-I am going to get on the scale tomorrow and see where I am at :-)

Missy-I was not offended at all and you are a beautiful and funny lady-never change that :-)

How are you feeling tru?

Hugs
April
Old 01-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Start each day by picturing it as a field of freshly fallen snow. So beautiful and sparkly. Step off with a positive thought and proceed across that field. In some places the snow will be light and fine and progress will be easy and fun but in others it will be deep and progress will be difficult and you will have to pull your boots up to get through it. Sometime you will have to back track a little or a lot but keep on going. When the day is finished look back at your tracks and see the day for all of its slips and slides and steadfast steps in dissapointment or glory. Your steps will have made a unique pattern that you may reflect on. But when the day is over sleep with the knowledge that in the night the tracks will all be swept away and a when you get up in the morning the field will be all clean and sparkly ready for todays adventures.
Lisa
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 AM

Last night I cut up several oranges to refrigerate and have readily available when I want them. I have been doing so good with watching my food intake. I started to weigh this morning but decided to wait until Saturday morning since that will be 1 wk since I started. This morning for breakfast I had the last piece of baked fish. It was so good. I love baked fish and eat it often. For lunch I'm going to have a fruit plate of oranges, banana, cantalope and apple. yum..... Hope you all have a healthy day.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 AM

I signed up to do this but have just been quit and reading alot.My name is Cindy and I am a sweetaholic.I have not formulated a weight lose plan yet because over the years I have done them all and will probably follow a weight watchers type plan because it is nutritionally sound.I spent the last 2 days between seeing patients checking out Gyms and trying to decide what will work for me.Today is the first day I will begin to pay attention to what I eat.I have about 63 lb. to lose and I have done it before but I always manage to find what I lose down the road.The darnedest thing is I teach diet and nutrition to my patients,its on of those do as I say not as I do things.I should have great motivation as my parents died in there 50 related to heart disease and hypertension but I can't get motivated.I have had SAD since moving to Oregon 4 years ago and it is the worst in January when we git no sun and lots of rain.Once again I know all the right things to do and can't.If you met me you would never know I was depressed it is not something I share but it is eating me alive and in response I eat.To bad I can't be one of the non-eating depressed people.I am usually positive and upbeat in all my post, even if I am depressed,but this morning it ain't happening.So off I go but I will watch what I eat and am thankful I gained no weight over the holidays. Cindy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Start each day by picturing it as a field of freshly fallen snow. So beautiful and sparkly. Step off with a positive thought and proceed across that field. In some places the snow will be light and fine and progress will be easy and fun but in others it will be deep and progress will be difficult and you will have to pull your boots up to get through it. Sometime you will have to back track a little or a lot but keep on going. When the day is finished look back at your tracks and see the day for all of its slips and slides and steadfast steps in dissapointment or glory. Your steps will have made a unique pattern that you may reflect on. But when the day is over sleep with the knowledge that in the night the tracks will all be swept away and a when you get up in the morning the field will be all clean and sparkly ready for todays adventures.
Lisa
Beautiful imagery!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning. It's a new and I hope it goes well. Missy I worried about you last night please let me or us know how you are doing. Tru did you get that phone call???? Fingers crossed that you did. I'm guessing that a few of the new weight loss folks need to go back and read the rules. We do a lot and I mean a lot of chit chat here that has nothing to do weight loss at all. There are several of us that have been doing this for a while and we welcome everyone to join us but please if you don't like what someone said or a picture that was posted don't whine about it. I'd like to think we are all adult enough to be able to realize that we have control of only our own personal choices and try not to make everyone behave or believe as we do. Let's have fun here and if you are offended do the adult thing and move on. If you see something you don't like then don't look at it.
Yeppers, uh...what she said! LOL! :mrgreen:
Seriously, if you don't like it...don't hurt that persons feelings just because your opinon doesn't match. Geeze after all, thats what the world is made of...differences. If all were the same we'd have a black and white world...no color. It's people like Missy that adds color to this harsh war ridden world. Heck we've got way to much to worry about than to get so fricken picky about a picture, or what someone is wearing, or religious preferences. Just be glad God is mentioned...after all it's He that is going to get all of us thru. Like it or not, He's all we've got and on here to many of it's it's like a family and sadly enough...that may be all some have as far as family. Now this is just my opinion, like it or not. I'll be going now, I've got some weight to lose and some quiltin' to get onto. See ya!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Good morning all
I don't know how to quote two replys but I really liked what cjmomma and ljs317 had to say this morning.

I woke up VERY hungry ,a feeling I am not used to because normally I eat all the time lol. Will try to be strong another day . I have been doing well,I have decided not to weigh myself until the end of the month,I have been known to have issues with the scale like obsessivly weighing myself . I am gonna have to learn to take what I can get as long as it is a loss be happy and move on. I do feel lighter so I am gonna keep doing what I am doing . (self hypnosis CD's)
Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Hey all... haven't checked this thread for 3 days or so... and wham! Gollies!

1'st: lots of 'sicks' out there, there are a lot of people in church sick with some sort of combo flu/cold thing. Not good. Hope everyone washes hands, keeps sanitizer in your car to do your hands AFTER coming back from shopping/etc. And.. take extra C...

2nd: Missy, love... I'm a newbie. I first read thru this thread... and decided to join it because of your posts! I love em! And I am not exaggerating a bit... Girl, you brighten me up when I read them.... usually I'm laughing out loud! I'm sorry that there are some folks who don't quite get into such rampant humor as we've got. <sigh> I don't know what to do about that... never have.

Last night I attended the funeral of a friend (46 years old) who was one of the gentlest, kindest and humble guys I've ever known...always ready to help others and help the church. He had a disease called depression. That part of his brain that hoped, was 'broken'. He killed himself 3 days before Christmas - and we are left wondering how this could happen... and what we could have done differently to help. So once again, we're reminded that life is hard, no matter how 'easy' we have it. And that no one is exempt or immune to life.

I hope and pray, Missy, that you will not isolate from us. I know that I'm a 'newbie' and that practically no one knows me on this board.... but... even so, if anyone on this thread gets to feeling hopeless, lost, or hurting so much... please pm me. I'll listen. I don't have many answers, but I'll listen.

God bless.