Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Those Christmas Tree Skirts are pretty, but my favorite is the Snowmen too. They just pop out so cute on it.
They would melt here today though. lol... It's about 90. The sun is out right now, but it also looks like it may rain some more. Those summer time showers.

I have a lot of work in the house I have to do today. A little at a time anyway.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:07 AM

It's hot here too. 85 today and maybe 90 tomorrow. Love the flowers. I have a Rose of Sharon tree and it doesn't look like it's going to get many flowers on it this year. I finally started to make the chicken pincushion and found that I don't have all the instructions. So I had to leave early today and be back before 1 and now I'm waiting for the building inspector to come and check out my hot water heater. I went by the LQS where I bought the pattern and today is the only day they open at 12. I was there at 11.

I like the snowmen tree skirt the most. I knew I had a Redwork book of snowmen and now I can't find that. I also can't find my linen to make the tilda dolls. I think I should spend the day going through my sewing room.

I hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

What's a tilda doll? I must be behind the times.
went out for 15 minutes in the sun, too hot and i'm afraid to get wrinkles or cancer so i'm in.
my son stopped by. i may have my car tomorrow. Took him out to lunch.
I almost chocked when he ordered a porterhouse steak!!! oh well, kids... thank goodness
i had my credit card. what's life if not worth living. save it for when???? he enjoyed it. I had nachos.

Off to work on hexes and my crocheted baby afghan.

enjoy the nice weather today.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:23 PM

80 here today and pouring rain first half of day and bit of sunshine now... Went to lunch at a place never knew was there, with someone from church who is leaving in about 3 weeks and moving to TN... Her husband died almost 2 years ago so she is moving in with her daughter and family, they built her a MIL sweet in the basement , she said it's really cute and cozy.. Going to miss her... Tired of rain, 4 days and enough already, will take back some of that sunshine I have been sending up north...
Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

I see you're in the process of taking it back, it will rain tonight and part of tomorrow.
Off to my bee tomorrow. will get their idea on the purple pincushion idea i have rolling around in my head.
Rosemary, anything good for lunch??
getting my car back tomorrow, maybe. son has had it for a week now, and the repairs are now over $1000.00.
His father just dropped him from the insurance 6 months b4 he's 25. He offered to pay and he said no. Nothing like kicking him when he's down.

I was making washcloths, as you all know. one color ran so i called the company....sugar and cream. they sent me 6 skeins of the new colors!!! and to add to it. the box fits my chickie perfectly..... She can fly away now to her new home!!!! And they are a great company to deal with,very prompt and cust serv is great there.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Default My purse

Sis wish I had a little of that rain. Lynnie what a nice surprise you got. How many cloths do you make from one skein? Well here is a pictures of the purse I made today. I cut it out last night. I thought the inside pocket fabric was red. Guess you can see it's orange. I didn't want to waste the fabric since it was for myself so I used it. I like bright pockets inside so I can see them. This pattern is called "Smile and Wave"
I guess cause the outside pocket is a wave shape. It's a good size bag. Are sign ups tomorrow? Have a good night everyone. Hugs Mary
Attached Thumbnails dsc02685.jpg   dsc02688.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Mary, what a nice bag. I like the purple with the flowers! Very pretty.
Signups will be on Thursday.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Mary I love your bag. I like those kind of pockets inside, and then you still have the inside middle to drop a wallet etc. in. Very nice.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

nice tote bag.
i use 100% cotton, sugar and cream. i get maybe 2 cloths from one skein.
depends on what stitch i'm doing. but whomever gets to be my partner. i made one for each month. so you may luck out.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:04 AM

Sis love the bag.. Is that just a tote or a purse??? Love love love the colors, floral print is great..Is it difficult to make????????