Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here's what I got done today!  I need to show someone who cares! LOL >

Here's what I got done today! I need to show someone who cares! LOL

Here's what I got done today! I need to show someone who cares! LOL

Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 AM

Well, to each his own (that's what my grandmother used to say). It's a good thing everyone in the world doesn't have to have the same interests. I would hate to have that interest be sports (except ice skating, of course).

My DH was a hunter and fisherman in his younger days. He would go off hunting or fishing, and I'd do my thing. AND THEN HE'D BRING HOME GOOD THINGS TO EAT.... Now we just go and get it all cooked and served to us. :lol:

Well, I had planned on spreading out (again) the D9P to get the basting done. [I have that computer class later this morning, and then a child to tutor this afternoon. So I thought I'd grab a few minutes between commitments.} Not gonna happen. We've sprung a leak in the air-conditioner closet. Clogged drain or something. So I've been taking care of the mess and then have to get someone to solve the problem. I tried all the "home remedies" my DH suggested on the phone, (he's at work -- lucky dog) but nuttin' doin'. Oh, and the exterminator is coming today also. So, the D9P will have to wait for a calmer day. You gals keep quilting and inspiring me.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 AM

Well, to each his own (that's what my grandmother used to say). It's a good thing everyone in the world doesn't have to have the same interests. I would hate to have that interest be sports (except ice skating, of course).

My DH was a hunter and fisherman in his younger days. He would go off hunting or fishing, and I'd do my thing. AND THEN HE'D BRING HOME GOOD THINGS TO EAT.... Now we just go and get it all cooked and served to us. :lol:

Well, I had planned on spreading out (again) the D9P to get the basting done. [I have that computer class later this morning, and then a child to tutor this afternoon. So I thought I'd grab a few minutes between commitments.] Not gonna happen. We've sprung a leak in the air-conditioner closet. Clogged drain or something. So I've been taking care of the mess and then have to get someone to solve the problem. I tried all the "home remedies" my DH suggested on the phone, (he's at work -- lucky dog) but nuttin' doin'. Oh, and the exterminator is coming today also. So, the D9P will have to wait for a calmer day. You gals keep quilting and inspiring me.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 AM

YIKES !!! So, so sorry. Don't know what went wrong and don't know how to "cure" it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Don't worry Gail, your post was like New York - so good, you said it twice! LOL

K x

PS My DH hunts too, here in France it's a real part of country life. AND we almost get bored of venison in season!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Here in the south we cut venison into bite size pieces and flour and fry. YUM!
I do not deep fry everything. That is a redneck thing, good, but not healthy. Saw on a show 'bout rednecks, these ppl were out looking for roadkill to put in a stew!!! EWWWW!!!!
keepona quiltin ladies. Love to hear about all the creations. have a good day. chat later. audi ose...or arriva derci...c ya later gator!!! :wink:
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Don't worry Gail, your post was like New York - so good, you said it twice! LOL

K x

PS My DH hunts too, here in France it's a real part of country life. AND we almost get bored of venison in season!!!
YUM, venison. One of his hunting friends brought us venison sausage a while back. It was delicious. I used to like the roasts the best.

My favorite of his hunts was rabbit and dove. We'd fix rabbit sauce piquante and stuffed doves in brown gravy.

Sauce piquante is a rich tomatoey gravy that we put just about anything in it. The doves, we stuff with fresh pork sausage.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:00 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oooh, I'd love the recipe for that sauce, Gail! My DH isn't a good enough shot to hit rabbits and doves - only the big stuff LOL; once in a while, we get sanglier which is a wild pig, now that is scrumptious!

K
Old 03-10-2009, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Here in the south we cut venison into bite size pieces and flour and fry. YUM!
I do not deep fry everything. That is a redneck thing, good, but not healthy. Saw on a show 'bout rednecks, these ppl were out looking for roadkill to put in a stew!!! EWWWW!!!!
keepona quiltin ladies. Love to hear about all the creations. have a good day. chat later. audi ose...or arriva derci...c ya later gator!!! :wink:
:lol: Don't know how far south you are, but I'm just about sitting on the Gulf Coast and we don't eat road kill. There are a lot of jokes about it though. But I'll tell you, some people eat just about anything. Nutria is what yuks me out the most. I've tasted it and it tastes a lot like pork, but I still don't like the idea of eating those big rats. (There are farms that grow them.) Then there's possum and 'coon. Don't know about that. :? Alligator is good, love frogs, turtles. Fried alligator, fried frog legs or frog sauce piquante; turtle soup or sauce piquante. But no, I think the road kill is just a little Southern drama that the rest of the world likes to think that we do. I tell you what, you visit our area and we'll feed you well. You'll be hauling a few more pounds with you when you leave. Come and taste the bayou water. (We don't really drink bayou water. uggh.)

You know what, I think I'm inspired to try a quilt depicting the topic above. All I would need is patterns for the critters.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 AM

I checked in to see what all the comments are about and lo and behold--road kill stew! How did that happen? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-10-2009, 08:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Sorry Karla - a bit of thread hijacking, I guess!

K x