Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June Secret Pal Swap Closes May 31st 4:00pm >
  • June Secret Pal Swap Closes May 31st 4:00pm

• June Secret Pal Swap Closes May 31st 4:00pm

Old 06-18-2016, 10:23 AM
    Power Poster

Finally had a chance to take pictures of me package from Nikki, and ( you did remember to include the card-- thank you so much) everything is wonderful!
    Funny story about the package--
    we have a counter in the kitchen that tends to be a ( stopping place, catch all) when we get home, next to it sits a chair. Every now & then our cat ( Kimba) sits on that chair & watches what is going on-- he's 14 years old & never gets on counters, tables, etc. he's pretty good about boundaries. When my hubby came in with my package he stopped at the counter with his lunch / work bag & the mail. Kimba had been sitting on the chair watching me with great interest across the room. As soon as Jeff sat that package down ( a bubble padded tyvec envelope) that crazy cat jumped right up on that counter & started nudging that package- like he knew there was something in there for him-- we were Shocked! & asked him just what he thought he was doing. He jumped down & sauntered off...as soon as I opened that package what's the first thing I pull out? A big bag of kitty treats! How did he know?? Inside that sealed envelope, in a sealed treat bag...crazy cat!
    Thank you Nikki for everything ( and Kimba thanks you too) 🤗
    I was really excited about those appliqué pins, and that mosaic book-- can't wait to make something from that! The glue sticks were a surprise, I think I might still have a glue gun somewhere in the garage, haven't used one in years. Might just have to do something fun & crafty in the near future.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM

Default It's here!!

I received a WONDERFUL SP package from Carolinepaj! Check out all the wonderful goodies. Beautiful coordinating blue fabric, all kinds of pins ( which I really needed), scissors, lotion, notebook, clips, 14" square (I'm making a pillow out of that), baby chimes that will hang next to my bedroom window, sachet, annnnddddd chocolate!! Wow, you are an awesome secret pal Caroline....thank you so much!
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 06-18-2016, 10:28 AM
    Power Poster

Forgot to add, my secret pal wil receive her package on Tuesday. I did miss putting the card in the box, put it in, then took it out to rearrange something, taped then saw it laying on the table. So, I wrote the address on it & taped it to the top as the label. ��
    Old 06-18-2016, 10:33 AM

She also sent those darling sewing machine buttons at the bottom of the picture. They are so cute I haven't seen anything like them over here. Have to think of something good to do with those!
    Old 06-19-2016, 11:45 AM

Hi Vovoa,

So glad it arrived.... and that you like everything... just to let you know that the 14" square means 14" square cushion cover as it is a complete kit! Have fun making it up!

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 06-19-2016, 02:07 PM

Have been lurking and have to say that some pretty great packages are being posted! Keep 'em coming and don't forget to send me a message when you mail and when you get your package. Thanks, Lori
    Old 06-20-2016, 08:01 AM

The packages have some really nice things in them that I see. I am waiting on the porch in my rocker having a glass of lemonade on mine to arrive. The anticipation is overwhelming. lol I generally forget then all of a sudden there is a package in my mailbox or next to my door and that is always a very nice surprise to find.

Have any of you started collecting the quilting license plates this year? I love the theme this year so I have decided to start collecting them. I know one thing I will be putting on my most wanted list. Hoping to get one from every state. Big idea right. lol I hope everyone has a lovely week and stay safe!
    Old 06-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Here is what quiltnut4ever sent me. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by jazs2; 06-20-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    Old 06-21-2016, 03:42 PM

Default June sp pkg

Glad you liked the fabric jazs2. On the same day you received your pkg I received mine! She sent me a generous pkg...I'll let the photos tell the story! I LOVED IT ALL! THANK YOU SUNRISE450!!!
    Attached Thumbnails 102_1184.jpg   102_1185.jpg   102_1186.jpg   102_1187.jpg   102_1189.jpg  

102_1190.jpg  
    Old 06-22-2016, 05:19 AM

I hope I am doing this right, This is the SP that I received from my secret pal. Adeliahartzog (Adelia), thank you so much! Here is a photo of the lovely gifts she sent.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg