Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What animals do you have inside or outside  (also wild animals) at your house? >

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

inside we have ZOEY our cutie baby russian blue kitty, and a few spiders (yuck). outside, we have besides the normal birs, hawks, squirrels, opussums, coons, and the farm at the end of our parking lot (on the other side of the fence) so you know that means everything else.
oh, and a few wild kids too,(the children type, not goats.)
Old 01-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Nothing inside but see squirrels all kinds birds right now at my feeders,of coarse cattle,barn cats but the most fascinating was yesterday when I looked out of my sewing room and saw this "thing" in tree,I thought maybe an owl so I hollered at my husband who was in the other room and he said"well,that's an owl" He was a big thing I think he sat in that tree for couple hours I which he had turned around so I could really see him.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:20 AM

I have a guard mutt, Buster, who is an outside dog. Love him, but outside he stays. I have squirrels, rabbits, lots of red birds, hawks, owls, coyotes, lots of barn RATS (not mice), those darn wild hogs that are just ruining everything around here, and that sneaky bobcat that has tried more than once to make supper out of Buster! Ah life in the country - just not too far from the LQS!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 AM

We have this crazy Beautiful cardinal that comes to the side window near the front door that keeps tapping at it. Then there is squirrels as you know already from the one that got in the house, there is deer, owls we hear, lots of canadian geese, foxes, I have seen a possum, ground hogs, and then the two horses that are in their senior 20's and in the house we have Allie my cockatoo,Lucy,Molly (shih tzus) 2 cockatiels Rickie and Tweety, a finch (Mona)4 parakeets (Moe larry curly shemp) canary-Buddy and a cat which she thinks she is a diva but really she is a B_ _ch cat she is so mean.But anyway this is our household and barnyard.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM

I have two cats inside....outside...lots of stuff. We used to have a fox that lived across the street for a couple years(haven't seen it in a while). We seen a bobcat a while ago and now have tracks in my yard. Lots of birds, deer, skunk.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM

I envy people their horses. I have an Arabian gelding who is just amazing, but he lives with my granddaughter due to my physical problems (old age?) and I don't think I'll ever get him back - they are buddies. So now I have to be content with 2 dogs (an Aussie and Pommy), 2 bearded dragons, 1 Burmese cat, and 1 Sulcata Tort. They manage to keep me busy and I really enjoy caring for animals. I'd have a houseful if not for my more practical husband.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM

I know what you mean about missing your horse. We had several,i didn't ride but my husband and children did. I would go out and work on northside in my flower bed and here come the horse they enjoyed me throwing the weeds over electric fence to them. One day I went for few days to our daughters and when I came back I found that my husband sold all the horses. It was a sad time. My husband said he was getting to age where it hurt him to ride or rope.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Inside: 2 dogs ~ 6 y/o Greyhound w/3 legs 10 mon old jack russell / Chihuahua mix and a 40 gal tank filled with fish.

Outside: pretty boring every now and then a squirrel or 2. A few snow birds I guess thats what I get for living in town.

I grew up in the country with all kinds of wild life in our front yard. Miss it a bit.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Lots of birds (I feed them), nest of rabbits under our deck that is enclosed, occasional cat, many dogs all around us. Inside we have a 3-year old yellow lab named Haley.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:49 PM

From Montana about animals inside and out. I never know what is outside. I could be deer, moose, rabbits, grizzly bear, brown bear, cougars and on and on. Inside I have cockapoo, chihuahua and a part siamese cat.