Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
No Missy I will send him to you, you can lick it off :lol: :lol:
Woah.... T.M.I.! lol
Um..NO. If you send me Portia di Rossi or Ellen Degeneres that will work out just fine. Thank you.

Missy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I think the only way to lose weight on the CSC and donut diet would be limb removal!
Oh so true!!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM

I must not be getting all the pages from the threads because I just spent 40 minutes catching up with you guys. I've had lots of laughs today reading all this. You guys made my day!

Happy Little Christmas to you, too, Trupeach.m :)

Sounds like everyone is sick----stay away from me!!!! So far, I'm fine. Also, sounds like everyone is losing a few pounds. Well, I'm not. I've been bad since New Year and can't seem to stop. Gained 1 1/2 lbs since week before Christmas.

Love the mac & cheese recipe---going to try it tonight. I've been craving mac & cheese. Thanks, Missy.

Unbelievably, we still have snow here---It's been so cold, in the low 30's. You would think I was going to the North Pole the way I dress when I go out. Seems the older I get, the colder I am---but not my heart!!! It's a warm heart. Now I know why elderly ladies wear sweaters in the summer time!!! Elderly, I said??? God grief, that's me too!!!

Tru, I hope all is well with you and your friend. Feel better, honey.

Love you all
Donna
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I must not be getting all the pages from the threads because I just spent 40 minutes catching up with you guys. I've had lots of laughs today reading all this. You guys made my day!

Happy Little Christmas to you, too, Trupeach.m :)

Sounds like everyone is sick----stay away from me!!!! So far, I'm fine. Also, sounds like everyone is losing a few pounds. Well, I'm not. I've been bad since New Year and can't seem to stop. Gained 1 1/2 lbs since week before Christmas.

Love the mac & cheese recipe---going to try it tonight. I've been craving mac & cheese. Thanks, Missy.

Unbelievably, we still have snow here---It's been so cold, in the low 30's. You would think I was going to the North Pole the way I dress when I go out. Seems the older I get, the colder I am---but not my heart!!! It's a warm heart. Now I know why elderly ladies wear sweaters in the summer time!!! Elderly, I said??? God grief, that's me too!!!

Tru, I hope all is well with you and your friend. Feel better, honey.

Love you all
Donna
If you cook the cauliflower long enough for the florets to get really soft it will make it even creamier. Good stuff!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Thought you all might enjoy this, Crossstitcher posted it on another thread.

Subject: Some great ideas...

(for the uh, mentally challenged?)

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop.

2. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

3. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

4. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

5. You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

6. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

7. And... If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Thought you all might enjoy this, Crossstitcher posted it on another thread.

Subject: Some great ideas...

(for the uh, mentally challenged?)

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop.

2. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

3. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

4. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

5. You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

6. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

7. And... If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Love it.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:17 PM

I resemble this remark. LMAO! I so love this post!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Made it to the Y again today! Woo hoo!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, with increasing incline (not speed, lol) and then 30 minutes with weights on my arms. Gotta strengthen those quilting muscles. :)

I even had breakfast! Cheerios and milk, but still, I usually skip it.

Lunch was cottage cheese and soup. (I was craving cottage cheese, lol.) I made the veggie soup from yesterday, but added chicken and left out potato.

Dinner was more soup and a baked potato.

Yay for good days!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jkwynn
Made it to the Y again today! Woo hoo!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, with increasing incline (not speed, lol) and then 30 minutes with weights on my arms. Gotta strengthen those quilting muscles. :)

I even had breakfast! Cheerios and milk, but still, I usually skip it.

Lunch was cottage cheese and soup. (I was craving cottage cheese, lol.) I made the veggie soup from yesterday, but added chicken and left out potato.

Dinner was more soup and a baked potato.

Yay for good days!
It really does feel good to know you did your best this day. I am very proud of you. You have done good!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 04:45 PM

How about some cool chicken recipes and snack ideas. (NOT VEGGIES). Actually any lo-cal recipes would be great to read and use. I am going to try Missy's Mac and Cheese. Can't do fish but that sounded yummy too. Lynne