Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser? >

Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Thanks for this info. I know I have a lot of family & quilt pix but haven't learned how to make disks & get them out of the computer. Just got too lazy to figure it out.
go through your pictures and documents and delete the ones you don't want. then run the defrag.
i store my pictures on Picasa, they are stored off site (out of my computer) you really need to do something with your hard drive..what if you lost all your pictures and info..from a virus or something else? you would be sad. i know..it happened to me..lost everything.
there are great video tutorials on utube on how to do the things you need to learn. check them out!
"Picasa vs. Picasa Web Albums

What is the difference between Picasa and Picasa Web Albums?

Picasa is a software program that you install on your computer to let you edit, organize, and share your digital photos.

Picasa Web Albums a website where you can upload pictures from your computer into "Web Albums" and share them with friends and family."

http://sites.google.com/site/picasar...asa-Web-Albums
Old 09-16-2011, 06:37 AM

We use Chrome. My husband is the tech person and seems to prefer it! I just use whatever he puts on my computer! :)
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn
Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by grammajojo
I like Google Chrome very much. I was using Safari and like Chrome much better.
I think I had Chrome but have no idea what it is. I may have even deleted it since my computer is now showing me a window saying I'm running out of disk space. I have no idea what to do about it without messing things up.
The message about the disk space is telling you that your hard drive is almost full of programs , documents and other things like pictures or music. The best thing to do is to purchase a larger hard drive and have everything on your old drive transferred to the new hard drive.
Thanks for this info. I know I have a lot of family & quilt pix but haven't learned how to make disks & get them out of the computer. Just got too lazy to figure it out.
If you do not do something like either clean up your hard drive (get rid of stuff you do not need) or copy it, you may lose everything. Always back up your photos. I speak from experience. My motherboard was faulty and I lost four years of photos. That is my first passion, before quilting.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
go through your pictures and documents and delete the ones you don't want. then run the defrag.
i store my pictures on Picasa, they are stored off site (out of my computer) you really need to do something with your hard drive..what if you lost all your pictures and info..from a virus or something else? you would be sad. i know..it happened to me..lost everything.
there are great video tutorials on utube on how to do the things you need to learn. check them out!

Thanks so much for this info. I need to get busy & do something soon. It's getting scary.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 AM

As for burning stuff to a disc , it is easy as long as you have a burning program. When trying to put photos on discs, you need to right click on the picture and choose properties to see how big the photo is, for example I take photos of flowers and to send them in email I have to make sure that they are a certain size as well as MB size. If the MG size is too large you will not get many on the disc, also make sure the disc is of a size that will be capable of storing several Gigabytes.
If you need a program that will resize your pictures with out distorting them is Ifranview. You can get it at this website. It is a free program: http://www.irfanview.com/
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 AM

Google Chrome is much faster that the regular Google. Can't say about the other's.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:27 PM

I do & it takes sometime to get used to it but it is faster than internet explorer.shrabar
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM

you have to import them just open a new tag & then they are at your finger tips. if you need help email me [email protected]
Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 PM

i have google chrome with mac and i like it a lot. i'm glad i installed it.

(AND it has such pretty colors. LOL!)
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 PM

I've used Google Chrome since it first came out. I also use iGoogle (which is a homepage). I love it!