Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome , does anyone use it?

Google Chrome , does anyone use it?

Does anyone here use it?

How does it effect this website?

How much personal data does it collect? More than regular Google?
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I use Chrome all the time. It just works better on my computer; faster, and fewer hangups. Works great with the QB. Have no idea how much personal data is collected, though.

I have used Chrome and gmail for years. No spam in the email. You can turn off data collecting in Chrome but the sites you visit collect your data and sell it right back to all the companies anyway. If you are online you are in a database, no use worrying about it now.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I just recently started using google chrome. I was having problems with my computer prior to it. But now things are so much easier for me. QB works better now.
    margee

Use Chrome all the time. I have IE and Mozilla Firefox, but use Chrome 99.9% of the time. It works great with this website. I am sure it collects data, but no more or no less than other browsers (I would think). Having said that, there are lesser known browsers that say they don't collect data.... haven't tried any of them.

People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I use Chrome all the time. It just works better on my computer; faster, and fewer hangups. Works great with the QB. Have no idea how much personal data is collected, though.
    Agree completely.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    I use Chrome on my iPad and smart phone. Seldom ever have any
    issues with it.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I switched to Chrome from Internet Explorer about 5 days ago. IE kept getting bogged down, freezing up, slower and slower, and Craftsy had been telling me for a long time that they did not support IE9. Even after being assured by someone on here that they switched to Chrome and had no problems, I still drug my feet until I couldn't tolerate the freeze-ups anymore. Compared to IE9, Chrome flies! As far as collecting information, I figure the minute I'm online, there is no hiding. I don't give out my birthdate or my grandmother's name, etc., choose the BD you want, just make sure it isn't the day and year you signed up. I still am finding out something different each day about how to use Chrome. As far as how it affects this website, you will have to sign in again with your password, then tell the site to keep you signed in, but be amazed at how fast your viewing goes.

OK, so I've got to ask....how do you get Chrome? Do you purchase it? Where? Download?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce blint View Post
    OK, so I've got to ask....how do you get Chrome? Do you purchase it? Where? Download?
    It's a free browser. You can download it from here:
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...&utm_medium=ha

Once downloaded, your desktop will show it as a 3-color icon (red/yellow/green) with a blue circle in the middle.

Well, we decided to give it a go. I don't like the fact all the ads are back...lol So Firefox is still my default browser.
    My husband says his videos play better with Google Chrome, something about settings or some such.

I will give it a go for a bit. Takes some getting used to change, who knows I may come to like it.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I've used chrome for several years, so much faster than any of the others, I don't get hardly any ads either as I also have Adblock which is also a free download. Both work well together. I don't believe it collects any more personal data than any of the others.

I use google chrome, no problems with this site or any other. Works better than Yahoo.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I like the fact that all my bookmarks in Chrome are never lost. I can access them from any computer, phone, tablet, Kindle anytime. Google Cloud keeps all my pictures and files so they are never lost even with a computer crash. I have my Iphone set so every picture I take is sent to Google Cloud. Every picture on my computer is sent to Google Cloud and to Picasa for editing. I choose a picture, upload it to Walmart, and pick up my print an hour later. I made a calendar of pics of my grands in less then 5 minutes. Picked it up at Walmart the next day. It's amazing how efficient technology is. I cant only imagine how it will be in the next few years.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I like Chrome because it will automatically translate quilters blogs from around the world.

Blog Entries
    Look up AdBlock Plus to see if they have their free program for Chrome. I'll bet they do! It does a wonderful job!
    Yes, here!

adblock-plus-chrome.en.softonic.c

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Well, we decided to give it a go. I don't like the fact all the ads are back...lol So Firefox is still my default browser.
    My husband says his videos play better with Google Chrome, something about settings or some such.

I will give it a go for a bit. Takes some getting used to change, who knows I may come to like it.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I have tried them all and use only Google Chrome now. I find it much better than the others for what I use my computer for. I will stay with it.

Use Chrome and no problems. As for collecting data, I often wonder when I see in paper that they napped another molester on computer how they can be so stupid as to not realize most everything we do on puter is out there for someone to find.

CRO
    I got fed up with how slow explorer was and downloaded firefox and chrome several years ago. Chrome is all I use now. I downloaded ghostery last year and it is great at blocking all ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Me too! Craftsy works better with it too!

the only thing internet explorer is good for is to download google chrome, hahahahh

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
    the only thing internet explorer is good for is to download google chrome, hahahahh
    AMEN Sister!!!

I have google chrome. No problems with it...works great with my computer.

I use Chrome. It seems to be working fine for me. Used Firefox for several years because it was safer than Explorer but then it got to be a real hassle. Quit using Explorer because it was so vulnerable to attacks.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast