Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • We are getting an Aldi store >
  • We are getting an Aldi store

• We are getting an Aldi store

Old 09-24-2011, 05:54 PM

I shop there first. Great prices, good food. You dont usually get brand name from there, but the quality is good.
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 PM

the first Aldi I ever shopped at was in Germany. I loved it. Since the military commissary was several miles away, I shopped there often in between trips to the base. We have an Aldi in our town here in Oklahoma - I love it! As mentioned, their produce is wonderful and their dairy products are good, also the frozen foods. They also do not have bags for your purchases so be sure to take your own. the carts are 25 cents which you get back when you return the cart. (Walmart should do that!) Be sure to check it out when it's built.
    Old 09-24-2011, 06:41 PM

They have the best brownie mix,cheese is very good. They also have a spiral cut ham that is very good. I have not found very many things that I don't like from Aldi.
    Down side is you have to sack and carry out your own groceries.
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm another Aldi lover here in Aus. The staff are efficient, fast and very pleasant. I can't think of anything I would not buy and people are lined up on the morning the specials like TVs, clothing, appliances, toys etc. are on sale and you have to be quick or miss out. I find their cosmetics very good also. There is never a problem about returning anything. Packing your own purchases is a small price to pay for the huge savings. I am involved in catering some functions for our sports club and we can do it for half the price we would pay elsewhere, even wholesale, thus more income for the club. Love 'em!
    Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 PM

I like our Aldi's. I didn't know anything about one so when I first went after it opened, I was surprised to see you have to put a quarter in the slot to get a cart. Then you have to bring your own bags or purchase theirs. Their prices are great! We always buy our milk and bread there unless they are closed when we need the items. They do close a little earlier than the other stores. There is a great fresh veggie area and quite a bit of frozen items. The prices are so much better than WM or other stores you won't want to run out of milk and bread and have to purchase them somewhere else. And yes, the strawberrries were 99 cents all summer and were delicious. Still eating them as we put some in the freezer.
    Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM

we have a lot of aldi stores in germany cant wait to the come to texas prices are great
    Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 PM

I used to live in Indiana, don't forget the quarter so you can get a cart,unless u see one in the lot,doesn't happen often. I always like there stuff, I never had any trouble with the pork chops there. Really good prices.
    Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 AM

They have really good prices on some things, but I find that the selection on most things is limited. I happen to drive by one a couple of times a week when I go to my quilting group. Would not drive across town to shop there otherwise.
    Old 09-25-2011, 12:41 AM

They have really good prices on many, many item. Most of the items are the same or better quality than name brands. Very little that you won't be able to find there. Just remember to take your own bags with you.
    Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 AM

We like quite a bit of stuff at Aldi's. The french style green beans (canned) taste better than Green Giant brand and are only .49 in our store. Got Sunkist oranges, 3 lb bag for $1.98 this summer. We DON'T like their yogurt but the frozen garlic bread is excellent!!