Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
Awesome packages! I think our postal system is still a little behind, it has taken 8 days for my SP package to leave Canada! Shouldn't be long now my Southern SP!
Southern as in just south of Canada, or to a southern U.S. state??? :?:
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by sik1010
Wow, scrolling through all the pictures of the packages makes me want to go shopping! Great packages, everyone!
Good idea Candi, I'll go shopping with you; want to meet half way?
But if you're stalking, can you take a break? Is Terryl still helping you?
Well, Sarah, we can leave Robyn in charge, she doesn't seem like she likes fabric shopping ( :mrgreen: ), and we can go.
Terryl, one of my LQS has a 25% sale on everything in stock until Monday, wanna come up? :D
Yep, I wanna come unfortunately one of my challenges this week is a car that won't start :thumbdown: Was working just fine yesterday morning/evening worked both jobs went back to salon for a late client, ready to leave 9:00 pouring down rain, get in car, won't start :evil: :evil: try & try, nothing, call friend to see if I can borrow his car to go home in he's agreeable, try to start car just once more, miracle it starts!!! Go home thinking I just didn't have car all the way in park last nite, get in this morning, need to take kitty to vet, he's limping like his right hip is out, car won't start :hunf: :hunf: had to call DH to come get me, don't take kitty to vet, had to borrow same friend from last nite's car to come to second job today, DH says he'll take the battery out tonite and have it tested, but he doesn't think it's the battery, now my car isn't quite 2 years old yet so it may still be under warranty in case it's not the battery, gonna call dealer right now to find out. So if you don't mind could you just shop for me this time and next time I'll be there?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM

just to let you know where the package i am so glad that it out for delivery she should recive it soon.

Out for Delivery, August 12, 2011, 10:12 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Sorting Complete, August 12, 2011, 10:02 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Arrival at Unit, August 12, 2011, 8:39 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Processed through Sort Facility, August 11, 2011, 5:33 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through Sort Facility, August 07, 2011, 11:51 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Acceptance, August 06, 2011, 12:16 pm, FRESNO, CA 93705
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by sik1010
Wow, scrolling through all the pictures of the packages makes me want to go shopping! Great packages, everyone!
Good idea Candi, I'll go shopping with you; want to meet half way?
But if you're stalking, can you take a break? Is Terryl still helping you?
Well, Sarah, we can leave Robyn in charge, she doesn't seem like she likes fabric shopping ( :mrgreen: ), and we can go.
Terryl, one of my LQS has a 25% sale on everything in stock until Monday, wanna come up? :D
Yep, I wanna come unfortunately one of my challenges this week is a car that won't start :thumbdown: Was working just fine yesterday morning/evening worked both jobs went back to salon for a late client, ready to leave 9:00 pouring down rain, get in car, won't start :evil: :evil: try & try, nothing, call friend to see if I can borrow his car to go home in he's agreeable, try to start car just once more, miracle it starts!!! Go home thinking I just didn't have car all the way in park last nite, get in this morning, need to take kitty to vet, he's limping like his right hip is out, car won't start :hunf: :hunf: had to call DH to come get me, don't take kitty to vet, had to borrow same friend from last nite's car to come to second job today, DH says he'll take the battery out tonite and have it tested, but he doesn't think it's the battery, now my car isn't quite 2 years old yet so it may still be under warranty in case it's not the battery, gonna call dealer right now to find out. So if you don't mind could you just shop for me this time and next time I'll be there?
Oh, my friend, I am so sorry for your troubles. I hate car problems. Hope it is still under warranty and you can get it fixed soon. If you weren't that far, I would have driven around, and hope kitty feels well soon.

And sure, I'll shop for you.
(((Hugs))))
Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
just to let you know where the package i am so glad that it out for delivery she should recive it soon.

Out for Delivery, August 12, 2011, 10:12 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Sorting Complete, August 12, 2011, 10:02 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Arrival at Unit, August 12, 2011, 8:39 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
Processed through Sort Facility, August 11, 2011, 5:33 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through Sort Facility, August 07, 2011, 11:51 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Acceptance, August 06, 2011, 12:16 pm, FRESNO, CA 93705
Debbie, Mooretll, LOOOK!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 AM

Terryl sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully it will be something small! Everyone is getting such great packages. Deadline to mail is Wednesday, just as a reminder. So hurry with your handmade items but remember, Be Safe Out There!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Terryl sorry about the car, i'm gonna be positive and know it's under warranty and they'll fix it rikety tick! After all, we need you here for stalking!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 AM

So I went to the local post office , they wan to charge me 12.00 to ship my small box priority ? I'm going to take it up to the main post office. I asked her to do what ever price was cheaper with tracking. Does that price sound correct? The bo is not that large.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Thanks all, am on the line with dealer as I type, Yippee...still under warranty, even includes the battery (if that's what it is) AND drum roll please......they will pay for the towing :) :) :) providing the problem is covered under warranty. How sweet is that? Now if only my kitty is walking purrfectly when I get home all will be right in my world.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Yep, for me it was 11.50 the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!