Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like >

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM

When did you go to my house? lol
Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Hahahahah!!! :lol: I'm not going to give you a bit of flak - you're just expressing an opinion. :)

When I do get my room organized and beautiful and carefully labelled, I don't do any work in it because I don't want to mess up my room. If my projects aren't out where I can see them, I forget they're there and don't get back to them.

I can't imagine how someone can work on one project, start to finish. I can't imagine how someone can work on a project and put away every tool and scrap as soon as they're done using it.

I do "clean-as-you-go," somewhat, because I've been in food service most of my life, but when my room is perfect, I get more uptight and worried about keeping it that way than getting a quilt or a dress or a doll or a painting made. :)

Just different ways of working . :)

Originally Posted by busygranny
I am so overwhelmed by pictures of sewing rooms. I can't imagine how woman can let rooms get like most of them are. I would pull my hair out. I work on ONE project at a time, buying what I need when I need it. I look at these rooms and all I can think is what a waste!!!! Why not do a project, finish It, and then move on to the next one? Life would be so much relaxed and enjoyed. Is it "whoever dies with the most fabric wins?" Use judgement and enjoy what you have at the moment. FINISH a project and then move on. I will probably get a lot of flak over this reply, but just think how much more you would enjoy quilting, if it was't moving you out of your home. I have not ever heard of any other hobby that overtakes your home, like quilting does for some of these quilters
Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Life would be so much relaxed and enjoyed.
I don't think I could be more relaxed or enjoying my life more then I do now. That is probably why my sewing room is messy, I only do what I want to do and cleaning my sewing room is never high on my list. And it's the only room the cleaning person doesn't go into, and it shows.
:-D

Originally Posted by Rody
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FABRIC!! If you have some please post it here before you go donate it! Pretty please?
If you need a certain print of fabric and I have it it I'll be happy to send it to you but I donate my surplus to the guild for community charity projects.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by incoming2me
I feel the need to share, mostly because if I get this out there I'll shame myself enough that I'll FINISH what I've started. As it is not, I can NOT do ANYTHING in my sewing room.
NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, ZIP.
Sorry, but I find your before and after pictures hysterically funny :-) -- mostly because, if I had them, I could post the same pictures! Of course, I've had a long day at work so maybe it's not so funny but I'll enjoy the moment for now. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Well I just cleaned yesterday and I haven't had the energy to do anything today so there isn't too much mess.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127545.jpe   attachment-127546.jpe  
Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 PM

We must be related! My room looks the same. Oh, well, at least we are accomplishing something constructive.

Helen Marie
Originally Posted by Queen Deb
This is mine.. add yours!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

I am so overwhelmed by pictures of sewing rooms. I can't imagine how woman can let rooms get like most of them are. I would pull my hair out. I work on ONE project at a time, buying what I need when I need it. I look at these rooms and all I can think is what a waste!!!! Why not do a project, finish It, and then move on to the next one? Life would be so much relaxed and enjoyed. Is it "whoever dies with the most fabric wins?" Use judgement and enjoy what you have at the moment. FINISH a project and then move on. I will probably get a lot of flak over this reply, but just think how much more you would enjoy quilting, if it was't moving you out of your home. I have not ever heard of any other hobby that overtakes your home, like quilting does for some of these quilters
No flak here! My favorite motto at the moment is "To each his own!" Do what makes you happy, doesn't mean it makes someone else happy.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Loved all the comments...now, me..been sewing for 60 years so I have some accumulation...not buying anymore, just sewing charity projects like Shorts and Little Dresses for Africa and lots of pieced quilt tops..and am making progress HOWEVER, I just got my Mom's accumulation..she is 93...I will be posting some of her stuff for sale...lots of panels..
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 PM

wow! I can't even come close to competing
Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 PM

I can see what you mean! All I need do is open my door to my studio!!!! Fortunately, I am having a lady come by tomorrow to help me get organized!!! Good luck!