Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like >

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Old 03-03-2011, 01:04 PM

well I thinks we are all the luckiest people because we have the space. Just imagine what the others with no room to call their own have to go through everyday, clean up and more clean up. how sad for them. I will keep my mess it is mine and if I don't want to clean it up I just Shut The Door!!!! have fun all

lynn
Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanneZ
I am really worried. Will any of you get to use this all or will it eventually go to the dumpster becasue no one wants it. USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way you do not have to store it. Some of you have more fabric and notions than stores in my area have. Sorry mine is a mess and no one sees it but my goal is to use what I have before I step into a store. Hope I can do that. Someone said the best thing I have heard do not buy another storage item use what you have and then you do not need more storage units.
JeanneZ
Most times I will use some of what I have but I like buying quilting stash. If I end up with more fabric then I have storage for, I give the older away to guild for charity projects. It goes to a good cause and not stuck in a bin taking up room. I took a rubbermaid bin full of fat quarter bundles to guild last month because I bought all the fat quarter samplers of
CT new fabric lines and knew I needed room for those. It's my way of recycling and contributing to worthy causes. Two in one. I check the classifieds here to see if anyone is looking for fabric I may have and have no plans for and I send it to them.

:D
Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Thank God I thought it was just me!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 PM

The "wall of shame" and "stash mess" are treasures. Sometimes you just have to forget organization and just wallow in fabric and enjoy the colors/patterns!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FABRIC!! If you have some please post it here before you go donate it! Pretty please?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM

Looks like mine! As hard as I try I have a semi-organized mess but I do know where it all is!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM

Looks like mine! As hard as I try I have a semi-organized mess but I do know where it all is!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM

I am so overwhelmed by pictures of sewing rooms. I can't imagine how woman can let rooms get like most of them are. I would pull my hair out. I work on ONE project at a time, buying what I need when I need it. I look at these rooms and all I can think is what a waste!!!! Why not do a project, finish It, and then move on to the next one? Life would be so much relaxed and enjoyed. Is it "whoever dies with the most fabric wins?" Use judgement and enjoy what you have at the moment. FINISH a project and then move on. I will probably get a lot of flak over this reply, but just think how much more you would enjoy quilting, if it was't moving you out of your home. I have not ever heard of any other hobby that overtakes your home, like quilting does for some of these quilters
Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM

I'm so very glad to see everyone elses' rooms! I'm right at home in all of them and you've given me courage to show you mine.

We just had the carpets steam-cleaned, so everything is still up on the tables and ironing board. You can tell that I'm trying to cram too many hobbies into one 18' square room, but it's a lot more space than I've ever had before, so I'm very grateful! :)

I'll be even more grateful after I get my machines and table cleared off so I can sew again - third day without sewing something - I'm having withdrawal symptoms. ;)

Main sewing machines and cutting table - covered! Doll sculpting, paper crafts, jewelry making, polymer clay and tools
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125582[/ATTACH]

Computer desk and printers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125583[/ATTACH]

Thread, books, photos, doll reborning, bias bindings, patterns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125584[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125577.jpe   attachment-125578.jpe   attachment-125579.jpe  
Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 PM

My dad always said, what looks like a mess to someone else is not a mess if the craftsman knows where every thing is, and that is what counted. LOL I miss him very much. He was a master carpenter.