Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like >

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 AM

thank you. I am a few feet deeper in stach than you...But, Just went to Wal-mart Wednesday and bought close-out bins 'clear' with nice sturdy,color snap-on lids (58 qt. size.)Till gone -only $2 each ! Hurry, if you need 'em... ($10) 5 of those will improve location of my best of my fiber stash, pronto. . . . I hope to get off-line and do it today !
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio
I am using the kitchen table. sigh
Don't feel bad, I'm using my Kitchen and Dining room, I told my hubby when his hand gets well from surgery get that treadmil out of the spare bedroom its going to be myspace...LOL

I'm still waiting and he got his stiches out last Tuesday, he riding his motorcycle so I think he should be able to remove the treadmil if he don't get it out this weekend, I will try to remove it myself if I'm able, but I don't want to hurt my lower back...
Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Queen Deb
This is mine.. add yours!
actually... it looks very neat & tidy under the mess. :-)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Me too, I have nothing compared with you gals/guys.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm with you...My lower level room now has at least 5 -10 different hobbies supplies all over, over 10 years of buying and dreaming.... Plus: overflow of stash in other parts of the house... Much ruining 'a once nice upstairs laundry room' with a mending desk & pull-out drawer ironing board... closet for household use is fabrics and wrapping paper in heaps. . . Just heard Haiti volunteers want beads, fabrics, and craft items to take down to the women and children ... maybe if I try hard I can sort by what I definitely want to still make, & what I'll never need nor desire to make afterall. Give 50% away... Have renewed creative space - even to tithe 10 % of it helps them and me. Try to get sorted in a hurry ...volunteers go down every month from different churches...I Just heard the request at a meeting this week . . . And I won't go to this weeks shop Hop ! Not even to the local store. . .
Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
So, what's the problem? I can still see some floor :roll: :roll: I have said this before and I will say it again...you people didn't mess up these rooms in one day, how can you be expected to clean them up in one day?!?!? My room(s) are no picnic right now, but I have several projects going at once, which I don't like to do. Later this afternoon I am going to do some organizing. I get very upset with myself if I let it get too out of hand; then I can't do good work.
Well, LAST week it was pretty neat and tidy...
until I took out the storage shelving unit with all the stuff stacked on/in/on top of and all the fabric to reorganize
- and put in a new storage cabinet with LOCKING doors - woohoo!

Oh.. AND I share this room with our 3 year old (the reason for locking doors) as her play-room
(while I sew) on one side.
Kinda hard to see much of a 3 year old in here now. (except for the similarity in quantity of mess made, perhaps!)
:lol:
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 AM

I am really worried. Will any of you get to use this all or will it eventually go to the dumpster becasue no one wants it. USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way you do not have to store it. Some of you have more fabric and notions than stores in my area have. Sorry mine is a mess and no one sees it but my goal is to use what I have before I step into a store. Hope I can do that. Someone said the best thing I have heard do not buy another storage item use what you have and then you do not need more storage units.
JeanneZ
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM

I am really worried. Will any of you get to use this all or will it eventually go to the dumpster becasue no one wants it. USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way you do not have to store it. Some of you have more fabric and notions than stores in my area have. Sorry mine is a mess and no one sees it but my goal is to use what I have before I step into a store. Hope I can do that. Someone said the best thing I have heard do not buy another storage item use what you have and then you do not need more storage units.
JeanneZ
Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Thank You...Yes, it is depressing to see the un-started - and unfinished projects as I sort ...I just wrote a depressing letter to a friend after my message here....sorry...I will get more positive...right after I finish sewing a new ''something''... As soon as I get my machine unburried. . .
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Go for it...bring in a Eagle Boy Scout and give him a few bucks. to move it.....Your husband will think twice about not doing it sooner next time, if you bring in th eyounger and handsome he'll pay attention. . .