Over 600 Still Missing!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM

This is so devastating to me. There are still over 600 still missing. All the members of my family are accounted for but dozens of friends are unreachable still.

Praying for the best!

Linda
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM

I certainly will pray for them. This is my first opportunity to get back online since all the storms came through here Wednesday night. We certainly didn't suffer like those further south, but we have holes in the roof, water in the living room ceiling, broken windows, busted up cars and motorhome. Based on our 'little' nightmare, I can't imagine what those in Alabama and Georgia are going through! Thought I left tornados and large hail behind when I left Texas more than 35 years ago!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

This is a rough and sad time for many families. They need our prayers and any help we can provide.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:30 PM

I live in Tennessee and I found two items: one photo of a baby shower with part of the photo torn off (found in my late Mom's yard day before yesterday. Then today, I found part of two pages from a yearbook in my back yard.

Don't have any idea where they came from. I posted them on facebook. There are more than 1000 documents, a whole quilt with owls on it, toys, photos, etc posted on Facebook at : Pictures and Documents found after the April 27, 2011 Tornadoes
Old 04-30-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
I live in Tennessee and I found two items: one photo of a baby shower with part of the photo torn off (found in my late Mom's yard day before yesterday. Then today, I found part of two pages from a yearbook in my back yard.

Don't have any idea where they came from. I posted them on facebook. There are more than 1000 documents, a whole quilt with owls on it, toys, photos, etc posted on Facebook at : Pictures and Documents found after the April 27, 2011 Tornadoes
My son had a photo find him. Floated out of the sky and landed in front of him. I will have him list it there.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM

WBIR TV had a news report of two different people in our area finding things from Alabama. I went thru Facebook on WBIR and posted mine.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:47 PM

Glad everyone is accounted for, they are so dangerous. I lived in Warrensburg, Mo. and we could sit at the second floor window, look out and see tornadoes way off in the distance. We actually out ran a tornado when we were coming from Kansas City, Ks., it followed us across the state line into Kansas City, Mo., heading back to Warrensburg. I remember looking back and yelling faster, go faster. It finally went back up and we made it home.
Another time, here in Florida, I was laying on my bed with my 2 year old granddaughter when I heard this loud train/plane, I thought something was going to hit the house. I froze. As soon as I heard the noise going away I looked out the window and the trees across the street were bending over. I woke up my son and by then the sirens were going off. The tornado had gone over my house and hit down about 5 blocks over, destroying 2 blocks of housing, killing one person.
Not to mention the Hurricane
Take Care
Syl
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 PM

My prayers continue to come your way for you and everyone affected. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 04-30-2011, 07:54 PM

You can imagine, but seeing it to close is unreal. A friend is a EMT and they took two Small children to hospital and still have no idea who they are, or if their family survived. My DH's co worker lost his home, half the house just ripped off the foundation.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191334.jpe  
Old 04-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

My hubby has a lil less than 100 employees in huntsvile. He called each an everyone of them to make sure they were ok. The ones he couldn't reach by phone he had employees go searching for them. Each of them and their immediate families are safe but the damage in huntsville is so overwhelming that we were going to max out the cc to load up the trailer with generators, food and supplies if any one of them needed him too. They didn't but I knew he would if anyone said yes. That's why I love that man!!