Over 600 Still Missing!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 PM

this hole thing has me going nuts my dad lives in riggold,ga still have not been able to get ahold of him .. if i don't hear anything by sunday monday i will be calling the redcross to see if they can help me.. if not i will be making a trip i pray for everyone that has had to deal with this storm i hope that they are over for the season..n if anyone out there needs anything just let me know would be glad to help as much as i can
Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 PM

My heart and prayers go out to all those in the south who have been in this terible weather. I was in walmart yesterday and this lady was buying a 100 yards of fabric..I (being the nosey person I am) asked what she was going to do with all that fabric..she said "our quilt guild is making quilts for Japan" I almost said.."why aren't you making them for the people in the southern states?" I refrained from saying it..we need to take care of those here at home!! I do feel sorry for the people in other countries who have been through tragedy too..Our church makes crisis care kits and we ship out 6 a month. This year we have already sent out over 3 dozen of them. SO we have bypassed our goal of 6 a month.
Hope all in the south are safe!! crafty_linda_b
Old 04-30-2011, 11:42 PM

Our thoughts go out to you all! We see the pictures on the news but cannot begin to comprehend the total devastation you face. Just to let you all know we are thinking about you.