Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group

Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM

I did my shopping in my large piles of scraps, three 50 gallon tubs, and found coordinating fabrics for all the fabrics i have received. They are now all sitting on my dining table, DH does not like this, ready to press and cut into beautiful blocks. There were a couple I really had to stretch on because I do not have an abudance of certain colors of fabric. I may have to go and buy a couple of fat quarters to work with those fabrics. Just so you know they will be on their way shortly. I am in the process of getting them done.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to do some scrap quilts whether I want to or not. I have been working on my UFOs and these swaps have helped with the scrap piles, but I bet I could make at least 8 lap to queen quilts with all my scraps.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM

I've been away last week to the Long Beach Quilt Festival. It was fun! When I got home, there were 7 more block envelopes to be opened... wha-hooooo!!!! I will get them opened and photoed and posted in the next day or so. I love those packets in the mail... thank you all!

hugs, Jup
Old 08-03-2011, 03:56 AM

If you have not received an F8 from someone in this group yet please send me a PM of whom you have not received from and which Boom group you are in :) . Thanks so much!
Hugs
April
Old 08-03-2011, 06:19 AM

Okay everyone I am just trying to get a jump on being organized lol. You know I try to keep a list of those interested in the next swap so here is who I show as interested in 6. If you want on the list or if you want off, please PM me and let me know. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL this is just for my own organizational purposed.
Hugs
April
Joanelizbay
Missgigglewings
Jennifer22206
Cherrio
Katy
Nancia
Heyjami
BettyBoop70
Marcialee
Goldendog55
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Okay everyone I am just trying to get a jump on being organized lol. You know I try to keep a list of those interested in the next swap so here is who I show as interested in 6. If you want on the list or if you want off, please PM me and let me know. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL this is just for my own organizational purposed.
Hugs
April
Joanelizbay
Missgigglewings
Jennifer22206
Cherrio
Katy
Nancia
Heyjami
BettyBoop70
Marcialee
Goldendog55
I'm out. =( School starts next week. =(
Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Hi MonarchBee....

You were one of the first blocks I made. Go to this link, http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-127498-1.htm
and your block is in the first spot on about line 4.

I received and posted the block you sent to me on page 51 of this group.

Bookkeeping is the pits, isn't it! lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by monarchbee
MY UPDATE: Good idea as time is getting short.

No F8's from:

letsquilt
scollard
wanda123

Since all my blocks were mailed out long ago I am concerned because I still haven't received confirmation from:

LadyIlene: Sent 5/26
NurseBonnie: Sent 6/18
Jupiter: Sent 6/6
tolepainter: Sent 6/16

I have received 20 blocks. I have kept all the envelopes (20) so I could keep better track and compare my notes. I have not received from (13blocks):

Brenda 5
Crafty 3790
Frogquilter
Gramiebj
jaciqltznot
jupiter
NurseBonnie
QuilterMomma
Scollard
shaysmema
sewcornie
tolepainter54
wanda123

If I am in error on any of this please pm me and I will look into it.

Happy quilting!
Monarchbee
Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM

I am glad my name is on the list, or am I? My laptop computer, which had all my lists and files on, has crashed and in for repair. I have no idea of anything right now except for the fact I have selected fabric for all the F8s I have and am working on making your blocks. Bear with me fellow quilters, I will get them done in the next week. My next problem is to get them mailed to you when i have them done. If my computer cannot be restored, Lord bless it please, then I am in a bit of a pickle for knowing anything. I kept all bags, labels, and most have addresses on them, but........
Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I am glad my name is on the list, or am I? My laptop computer, which had all my lists and files on, has crashed and in for repair. I have no idea of anything right now except for the fact I have selected fabric for all the F8s I have and am working on making your blocks. Bear with me fellow quilters, I will get them done in the next week. My next problem is to get them mailed to you when i have them done. If my computer cannot be restored, Lord bless it please, then I am in a bit of a pickle for knowing anything. I kept all bags, labels, and most have addresses on them, but........
If you need one - I can always email you a copy of the spreadsheet again!

=)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Here are the photos of my newest received 7 blocks. From Rejenea, Moonwork, Bibliostone, Shaysmema, Ok Darla, Crafty 3790, and Lady Ilene.

Wow! I love them all. Beautiful, thoughtful work. Thank You so much......

hugs, Jupiter
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236095.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:35 AM

Well, new update on my world on getting these done. I have hit depression. My computer needs a whole new hard drive or do I just buy one, I do not know. I was informed last night at doctor office that I have to have surgery on right toe, of course that is my accellerator foot for driving and sewing. Transmission is really acting up in husband's car, which he needs for his job, and will cost $4,000 for new transmission or buy a new car. Alignment is needed on one daughter's car, hit bad bump on highway and now totally out and then two new tires. Other daughter's tire rods are needing to be replaced. They cut the reimbursement on my husband's gas expense so we have to pay more for the gas which is outrageous. I am so depressed. Then I look at my wonderful pile of blocks I need to get sewed up and feel overwhelmed. I am really trying to look at bright side, but having an issue with it. May I just sit and cry for awhile? I already work a full-time job, and two 10 hour a week jobs, what more? Oh Lord.