Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New furniture after 19 years - yikes! >

New furniture after 19 years - yikes!

New furniture after 19 years - yikes!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Yes, isn't that awful? First it was "when the kids" get older then it was "when the dogs are gone" then it was "when DD moves out and takes her cats" but mem weekend I said you know what Nancy, it's TIME!

So it's here and it's so big! lol My feet don't even reach the floor and I feel so short! So now of course the walls could use paint, new curtains would look nice...The color is called "luna beach" - it's the color of wet beach sand. Neutral, which is what I wanted, and microfiber, so soft! It's also sewn to look like patchwork which I like as it's a different, but subtle look. I love it so much I hate to sit on it! lol
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Sounds so pretty! Isn't it nice getting new furniture again :D:D:D
Old 06-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

New is good!:)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

What fun.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:52 AM

So it's here and it's so big! lol My feet don't even reach the floor and I feel so short! So now of course the walls could use paint, new curtains would look nice...
------------------------------------
We used to own what my DH called "The most expensive fridge in town". What happened was one morning we discovered that the fridge's ice maker had stalled somehow, and the water had continued coming, and coming out of the fridge, all over the kitchen, dining room and front room. We had to replace the carpeting, it was too soaked to save. Then that made the drapes look shabby, so new drapes in front room and dining room. Then that made the walls look cruddy, so new paint. Then since the dining room was open to the kitchen, the walls there and cabinets looked shabby...well, we wound up shelling out a larger sum of money than we had even dreamed of.!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 PM

The newest I have is endtables and dinning room about 10 yrs theoldest is from76 bed room set. congrates it sounds like you are doing it up when it is all done we need pictures
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
So it's here and it's so big! lol My feet don't even reach the floor and I feel so short! So now of course the walls could use paint, new curtains would look nice...
------------------------------------
We used to own what my DH called "The most expensive fridge in town". What happened was one morning we discovered that the fridge's ice maker had stalled somehow, and the water had continued coming, and coming out of the fridge, all over the kitchen, dining room and front room. We had to replace the carpeting, it was too soaked to save. Then that made the drapes look shabby, so new drapes in front room and dining room. Then that made the walls look cruddy, so new paint. Then since the dining room was open to the kitchen, the walls there and cabinets looked shabby...well, we wound up shelling out a larger sum of money than we had even dreamed of.!!
LOL LOL That happened to us with a dishwasher, new flooring in kitchen, dining room,hall and carpet and furniture, light fixture in the living room, they all open up to one another and of course you cant just do one area and let rest look shabby !!! Carpet in the Living room also runs upstairs and in a small hall to the bedrooms so now I am waiting on installation of the bedroom carpet once my furniture gets here !! My DH told me that we are done for a very long while now !!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM

At least your disasters happened before you put down new flooring!! We put down the flooring, and when cabinets were installed, apparently they knocked the drain line loose. All the water went to ther basement family room. Carpet, chairs and drywall ruined. Amd the new flooring is now warped, but it is okay to use for us. Thern to top it off, this week I flipped a light switch downstairs and saw sparks fly. Called electrician, , and while waiting for him, noticed the house seemed warmer than usual( checked, it was 87 degrees!!) Called AC man, and guess what ? THe darn thing was melted on some parts, and other things weren"t working, so , new AC, new wiring and we are getting a new furnace too ( AC and furnace were installed 25 years ago, so we figured, go ahead and get both new.) I "thought" I was going to get a new couch and new dining room furniture, but not sure now.Thaat last set us back $6500, and we haven't even got the quote for finishing the drywall and repainting( that was all new three years this fall.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 PM

Congrats on your new furniture, ENJOY! My whole is still furnished in "early matrimonial" and am happy with that.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM

That last set us back $6500, and we haven't even got the quote for finishing the drywall and repainting( that was all new three years this fall.[/quote]
---------------------------------------
Look at your home owner's policy. Would one of these be covered?