Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever cut yourself with a rotary cutter?? >

Have you ever cut yourself with a rotary cutter??

Have you ever cut yourself with a rotary cutter??

Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM

YES!! Cut the whole side off of my left pointy finger. A nurse at the quilt retreat sent me to the doctor. They couldn't sew it back on. Just have a scar and a little less feeling in that finger now. Am being much more careful.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:45 AM

My friend cut the end of her finger, nearly off, but required 8 stitches to save it. This was at midnight on Saturday at a quilt retreat. While at the hospital with her, we noticed a D9P in the floor tile design. :) :) :)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Oh yeah! I was cutting fabric with a too dull rotary cutter blade and nearly cut off the nail on my thumb. I've learned my lesson - only use sharp blades and don't go too fast!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 AM

Actually.... many years ago I dropped my small rotary cutter which landed on my foot, close to the toes. Blood went everywhere and I couldn't stop it!!! Since neither hubby nor kids were at home, called 911 and they quickly came. After treating it, they asked a few questions, beginning with "Was I feeling depressed or suicidal?" I just about died from laughing so much!!!! The other EMT just looked at him and said "Dude, my wife has one of those things, if you're going to commit suicide you wouldn't use it on your foot!!!" Few stitches later and I was all fixed up. I think I will always remember my rotary cutter adventure!!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 AM

How funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that was funny, then read the post just before mine!!!! Cracked me up! A good Sunday :) :)

Originally Posted by Old hen
While at the hospital with her, we noticed a D9P in the floor tile design. :) :) :)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 AM

Yes, nicked my fingers a couple of times. Nothing that required stitches, however. So glad you didn't have to go to the hospital.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM

I got knicked once; then I went out and bought one of those handles with suction cups which raises your hand out of the way. I see Menards had them for 6 or 7 dollars. I had paid about 15 dollars for mine. I love it. Pauline
Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM

I've just recovered from cutting off the corner of my right index finger at the end of June. Fortunately most of the area lost was in the nail bed area, the nail has grown right over it and only on close examination can you see that my finger isn't it's usual rounded self.

It hurt like a -----. I cried. Couldn't get it stitched b/c it was a clean slice. lots of T3s to get through the first few days. It's now very sensitive in one area and the finger pad feels like it's asleep. I type for a living so it's really put a crimp in my work and quilting...however I did adapt and learned to type with only four fingers on my left hand.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Whats a D9P?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM

Yes I have I took part of the side one of my fingers off. Had to go to hospital no stitches, but I still have nerve damage to the finger.
Carol in Delaware