Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Microwave Potatoe Bag >

Microwave Potatoe Bag

Microwave Potatoe Bag

Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 AM

Warm and Natural makes a "Warm & Tater" batting so there is no issues with the batting as well. I got 2 FQ's of potato fabric in a draw that are just calling out to be used in a potato bag.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM

These instruction say specifically that bag must not touch the side of the MW and stop turning...that is what makes the fire....you need to be in the kitchen anyway when you are cooking. I learned that the hard way....

If I can set my quilt on fire, God know what I can do in the kitchen if I am not paying attention lol...
Old 08-18-2011, 02:50 PM

I was wondering if the fires were possibly caused by using the wet paper towels?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 PM

I've put mine in wet and no paper towel, still no problem. I've only heard of fires if you don't stay all Cotton. I can cook a bagfull of potato's in 9min.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I use mine with the actual 'potatoe' cook button on my microwave.. My potatoes are soaking wet going into the bag and sometimes Ill moisten the inside of the Tater bag just a tad bit as well . I do not prick the potatoes.. So far so good, and common sense tells me to never leave the kitchen with anything cooking; stovetop, oven or Microwave..
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I use mine with the actual 'potatoe' cook button on my microwave.. My potatoes are soaking wet going into the bag and sometimes Ill moisten the inside of the Tater bag just a tad bit as well . I do not prick the potatoes.. So far so good, and common sense tells me to never leave the kitchen with anything cooking; stovetop, oven or Microwave..

Ditto, but you would be surprised lol.....one of my dear GF thought she could wash her foot in the sink and brush her teeth at the same time....she fell backwards and has untold injuries including broken ribs...common sense isn't so common after all.......she is doing ok now, poor soul.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM

I made many of these quite a few years ago and used poly batting in them, I have been using them with no problem, but it is recommended to use the potato batting.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 PM

I stuffed about 6 potatoes in the bag yeasterday and baked for 10 minutes. I wanted to make mashed potatoes and this so much easier and the potatoes have a more substancial texture.
Tip: when peeling the hot pot lol...let the kitchen towel slide over your thumb so you won't burn and keep changing to a cooler section....the mashed pot were awesome...