Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 09-16-2011, 04:19 AM

She had a pace maker put in Tuesday. Let me tell you the scare we had. She went in around 8:20am. It was only suppose to take like an hour and a half. It kept getting later and later. My step father kept going and asking about her.

And they called CODE BLUE over the loud speaker. My heart did a big flip flop!!!

Well, we all finally went to where she was suppose to come after surgery. They told us she was in Room 19. We get there and there's no Mom. The bed was all made up. Now we start to panic. Like it's been 4 or 5 hours since she went in.

They said just hang out she's in a different recovery room since she was going to be staying the night at the hospital. We went to the front lobby and waiting. Looked in the gift shop.

We went to the front desk. My father in law said we want to know what room she is in. So they told him Room 264. He asked now she is in her room right. They said yes she's there.

Let me tell you, we got to the room and there's no Mom again. The bed all made up. Now we are super scared. My step father went off. He told them he wanted to know something now. And he wanted to talk to the dr.

Finally they said she would be coming up shortly. They were getting her bed ready.

She got to the room. She looked really pale.

The Dr. finally came to talk to us. He said her veins were so small he had a hard time getting the line down to her heart. And they ended up putting it on the opposite side they wanted to. And her blood pressure shot up real high. They had to give her some meds for that.

Now she was suppose to have gotten out Wed. This is Friday and she's still in there.

We found out yesterday that she had a minor heart attack while in surgery. This has really got up scared up. We are afraid she may not take to the pace maker.

I'm going to call a little later to see if she gets out today.

I'm down in my back again. And my legs are so sore. But if she has to stay again, I'll put my back brace on and cowgirl up!!!! I'll go see my Momma.

I can't take any strong pain meds until I find out. I won't drive and take anything like that.

Please be praying for my Momma!

We also have an Uncle by marriage that is on his way out. Just a matter of time.

When I get up the next morning, I always wonder what's next or going to happen today!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 AM

Prayers and thoughts to you and your mom. Please keep us updated.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:38 AM

Wow such and ordeal, I've never heard of a hospital not knowing whats going on or where the patient is. I so hope your week gets better. Many hugs for you and your family.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 AM

Prayers are with you all
Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 AM

Praying for you and your family!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 AM

I am so sorry you have had to go through all this. Hospitals are so uncaring at times. I have learned that you have to stand up for yourself and let them know in no uncertain terms that you want info and want it now! They had no right to not let you know what was going on....how cruel.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 AM

Prayers going up for your Mom, please take care of yourself also.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 AM

Praying for you and you family. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 AM

Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. Hope everything starts to get back to normal for you and your family. Take care of yourself also.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:38 AM

Sending prayers for you, your mom and family!