Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ordered from "sew very smooth"? >

Has anyone ordered from "sew very smooth"?

Has anyone ordered from "sew very smooth"?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:06 AM

I placed an order with Sew Very Smooth in August. I saw them at the quilt show in Long Beach Ca. I ordered stuff for my featherweight. I gave them my credit card # over the phone.I have not heard anything from them and I've sent an e-mail but no response. Has anyone ordered from them? They had responded to my first e-mail about ordering but that's it. Anyone know of these people? Did they go out of business?
They are out of La Center, Wa.LuAnn and Steve Tippets.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:15 AM

Never heard of them. Have they charged your card already? That would be the 1st thing I'd check!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 AM

I would check the card statement right away. If they have charged your card and you havn't received anything and are not able to contact them, call your card company. You have only 90 days to dispute a charge and have it removed. (I learned that one the hard way waiting on something I was charged for but never arrived. It was a $200 ouch!)
Old 10-01-2011, 10:24 AM

You can contact your credit card company and have the charge reversed. If they are not responding to your e-mails, they might just have moved on. Paying with a credit card (NOT debit!) gives you the kinds of protections you just might need here.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doreen
I placed an order with Sew Very Smooth in August. I saw them at the quilt show in Long Beach Ca. I ordered stuff for my featherweight. I gave them my credit card # over the phone.I have not heard anything from them and I've sent an e-mail but no response. Has anyone ordered from them? They had responded to my first e-mail about ordering but that's it. Anyone know of these people? Did they go out of business?
They are out of La Center, Wa.LuAnn and Steve Tippets.
I just saw them at the NW Quilter Expo in Portland on 9/23 - they had a booth there. I would suggest you keep trying them. Do you have any other contact info ie phone or address? If not, here they are: (360) 567-6432 PO Box 765 La Center WA 98629. Good luck. I am going to watch this thread - I was thinking of ordering one from them!

BTW I agree with the PP re: checking your credit card statement. You don't want to miss a chance to dispute the charge if you have trouble getting the product.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Doreen, did you get ahold of them and get your order taken care of? I'd love to know the outcome of your experience. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 AM

This is an update! I was able to get ahold of them and my order is being processed. They have been on the road to various shows. She said if anyone wants to order from them to do it by e-mail and include your telephone # so she can contact you and get credit card info. They also sell the plexiglass tables.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM

I ordered from this company Oct. 6, 2011. I have just spoken to Steve at the company (Oct. 13, 2011, 2:30 Pacific day light time). I suggest you call him - 360-567-6432 and see what has happened to your order.
I have not received my order - an extension table for a featherweight - but it is within the time frame they gave me when I ordered. Sooooo very sorry to hear you have not received your order!
M
Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 AM

I was able to get ahold of them. I received my receipt by e-mail. Order should be here next week!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Next week has never arrived. Another call on Nov 2 and they send it would go out tomorrow. I have now asked for my $ back. Very bad customer service!