Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you give for a Singer Treadle Sewing Machine? >

What would you give for a Singer Treadle Sewing Machine?

What would you give for a Singer Treadle Sewing Machine?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 AM

I have only seen a picture of it. She says it doesn't have a scratch on it, and it still works.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 AM

It depends upon which machine it is, condition, and which cabinet it is in.

If it's an ornate parlor cabinet with a red-eye machine in beautiful condition, I will pay a LOT. Well, a lot for me - I expect that when I find "my" red-eye, I will pay through the nose for it.

If it's a 27/127, a 15 or a 66 with ordinary decals and cabinet, I probably wouldn't give it more than a glance.

I'd be more interested in a 128 with La Vincedora decals or in a Singer treadle cabinet.

If it's a 115 with "Tiffany" decals, even more interested.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

$150 where I live.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM

My right arm? I would love to find one in decent shape.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 AM

I am not that familiar with prices on all the different treadles...I think condition does play a big part in price, especially the running condition...as I am the proud owner of a Singer 66-16 in the original 6 drawer cabinet that I inherited from my great-grandma, I have to say that I would definitely give one of them a look! That is the good thing about how each one of us is different, and if we all liked or disliked the same things how dull the world would be!!
Good luck to you, and I know there are a lot of vintage machine lovers on here who will chime in soon...
Kif
Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM

I'd be more interested in a 128 with La Vincedora decals or in a Singer treadle cabinet.
If it's a 115 with "Tiffany" decals, even more interested.[/quote]

I have a 115 with Tiffany decals - only the head. Is this a good enough machine to look for a treadle base to put it in? I was thinking about selling it...
Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Wow! That's crazy, because I was about to post a very similar question, but now I'll just hitchhike on your thread! :)

I found a working Singer in an antique store. The belt was off track and it didn't "work", but the foot pedal works and the needle goes up and down when you crank the wheel. It's clean and the cabinet is in good condition too. They are only asking $75 for it, and I offered $50. The store owners tried to get in touch with the owner of the machine, and wasn't able to yesterday. Today, the owner called me and had to leave me a message. She said she has a price they will accept (but she didn't leave it in the VM!). I've been looking on Craigslist and nobody comes close to the $75. I would like to have a solid "yes" or "no" for her when I return her call. I think I can probably get it for $65. I would love opinions on this!

I don't machine quilt right now because I'm very unfamiliar with my sewing machine. I am hoping I can start using my machine soon, but it's so fast and intimidating! I thought I could use a treadle to control the speed better until I get the hang of it.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Don't lose it for a difference of $10...
Old 10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

i'm on the look out for a good-working treadle- with a $100 budget- so will look until the right machine comes along-
the value of any vintage machine is really what you are willing to pay for one.
some people will pay $500+ for one- some people will pay $25 for one- it's all relative.
my little 1956 singer i see on ebay going to anywhere from $100---on up to $250+...i paid $20 for mine- and love it!
it all just depends on your budget- your desire- what you are willing to pay.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

$62.50 plus tax. Brings her to around $68. Money is really tight but this might be a once in a lifetime chance. Dh says to go for it. I'm not so sure.