Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 AM

TO SHEMJO:

Not sure, but I think it has to be set up that way in your profile or settings under your profile. I am getting them.

Click on settings at the top of the page, over on the left side look down until you see "My Account" under that category click on "General Setting". Then scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" about 2 groups down you will see"Default Thread Subscription Mode". In the drop down box you want to see "Instantly, using email" Do this and you should receive notification each time a new post occurs in a topic you have posted on.

Last edited by nursie76; 11-06-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:44 AM

I will never ever understand people that have to be ugly by choice....and then to put it in print.....my goodness...that is beyond forgiveness....if they don't like it...then please, please just go away...we don't want you here and we don't need ugliness here....there is enough in the world...why oh why does it have to be here.....will never understand....accept and more on or just plain move out of the way...............................
Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 AM

I love this new board!!! So much more can be done on it and I will say a big thank you to you and the developers. I know it takes a lot of hard work and hope that everyone will give this new board a chance and just play with it. Again thank you for all the hard work and keep it up. You must change to grow, if you do not you are left behind.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I think the site is beautiful! I don't understand the complaints...I really don't. It looks so much more like a "quilting board" than it ever did! Thanks.

As for white...I guess most forums and news sites I read have white as the background. That complaint I don't understand at all!
Someone posted how to change the background color. I tried it and now my background color is yellow with brown letters. LOVE it.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 AM

most of us don't like change, myself included. I didn't like the change at first because I couldn't log in. But I kept trying, for several days till I finally got logged in and the system would remember me. Now I am finding my way around and begining to accept it. I like That I can log in on the current day and see the seperate listings for about 5 days I think it was. Then you can choose which day you want to look at. I WOULD like it if the seperate subjects would turn color after I read them. But if you don't try something and give it a chance how do you really know if you don't like it?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by drgranny View Post
Someone posted how to change the background color. I tried it and now my background color is yellow with brown letters. LOvE it.
Can you direct me to the link or tell me how.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM

I have had some trouble with the new format but as change is a part of life I have sat down and not been afraid to just click here and there to find my way around. Any change takes time to adjust to and I am gratefule to the work done by the team behind the scenes. I am just giving myself time. There will always be ways to improve new things and things we miss about the old things. Keep up the good work.P.S. The main thing I miss is the lovely big pictures peoples avatars but something had to go to fit in all that new information.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Hi,

Went to Resources, Daily Digest, and clicked on Nov. 6. This is what was brought up - from Nov. 4. I have now read this 2x.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Patrice, dont loose any more sleep over all those glass half empty people the new site is lovely and i am having fun investigating the new. Thank you thank you thank you all for your hard work you are loved and apriciated for trying to make life better. i will never leave i am LOYAL
Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 PM

I really enjoy this board , old as well as the new, I have learned alot. Life is always changing and so is everything around us. I really like the idea of new things even though it may be hard at first once you have mastered it, then it will be old hat Keep up the good work I continue to view thanks Kathie