Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing room is looking mighty fine! >

Sewing room is looking mighty fine!

Sewing room is looking mighty fine!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Amma, I'm so glad you said that. I have always been so embarrassed to admit that I have a path to my sewing machine. :wink:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
Amma, I'm so glad you said that. I have always been so embarrassed to admit that I have a path to my sewing machine. :wink:
And sometimes my path gets covered up :oops: :oops:
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM

WOW! What a fantastic room you have there! Worth every day of 30 years of waiting!! May I ask where you got your furniture or what source was your inspiration? Also, what kind of square thingys did you use for your design wall? That's really neat!! :thumbup: Congratulations to you. Enjoy many hours, days and years in there creating beautiful things. :D
Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
WOW! What a fantastic room you have there! Worth every day of 30 years of waiting!! May I ask where you got your furniture or what source was your inspiration? Also, what kind of square thingys did you use for your design wall? That's really neat!! :thumbup: Congratulations to you. Enjoy many hours, days and years in there creating beautiful things. :D
Good Morning,
Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. The sewing tables I purchased from our LQS. I had one and it was so great I got a second and I have them pushed together back-to-back. The rest of the items in the sewing room I had built to my specifications. I hired a cabinet maker that was great. He listened to what I wanted and looked at photos I'd collected.
I spent many hours on the computer looking at other sewing room photos. Here's one such site.
http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm
Then I spent more hours looking at all the sewing room photos that were posted on this web site. Just do a search for sewing rooms here and see the gold mine of ideas this group has. Very creative people here!
My design wall was is a "make do" and it's doing pretty good for right now. I used some sticky back core board and covered it with flannel and then nailed it to the wall in the sewing room. On the far side I just used the staple gun and hung a sheet of flannel. I like the core board because I can use pins in it when I need to for heavier pieces.
Thank you for your sweet comments. I agree with you. I think my room is pretty fantastic too but I'm slightly prejudiced. :wink:
Old 12-12-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Good Morning,
Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. The sewing tables I purchased from our LQS. I had one and it was so great I got a second and I have them pushed together back-to-back. The rest of the items in the sewing room I had built to my specifications. I hired a cabinet maker that was great. He listened to what I wanted and looked at photos I'd collected.
I spent many hours on the computer looking at other sewing room photos. Here's one such site.
http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm
Then I spent more hours looking at all the sewing room photos that were posted on this web site. Just do a search for sewing rooms here and see the gold mine of ideas this group has. Very creative people here!
My design wall was is a "make do" and it's doing pretty good for right now. I used some sticky back core board and covered it with flannel and then nailed it to the wall in the sewing room. On the far side I just used the staple gun and hung a sheet of flannel. I like the core board because I can use pins in it when I need to for heavier pieces.
Thank you for your sweet comments. I agree with you. I think my room is pretty fantastic too but I'm slightly prejudiced. :wink:
Hi Yvonne,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me such a nice variety of places to look for inspiration. I too, have spent many hours over different days pouring over Carol Younge's site. As well, I have looked at many of our own board's sewing rooms, too. So many awesome ideas to take in, for sure.

You were quite fortunate to find a cabinet maker that would listen to you and produce such lovely furniture, too. What a blessing for you.

What an ingenious idea for your design wall. Very stylish, yet oh so practical, too. :thumbup: I am using two pieces of flannel backed table cloth fabric that I bought off the roll. It serves me well.

Go enjoy your awesome room!

Karla in CO
Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Wonderful sewing room!! Love how organized your stash is!