View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Yvonne

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
WOW! What a fantastic room you have there! Worth every day of 30 years of waiting!! May I ask where you got your furniture or what source was your inspiration? Also, what kind of square thingys did you use for your design wall? That's really neat!! :thumbup: Congratulations to you. Enjoy many hours, days and years in there creating beautiful things. :D
Good Morning,
Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. The sewing tables I purchased from our LQS. I had one and it was so great I got a second and I have them pushed together back-to-back. The rest of the items in the sewing room I had built to my specifications. I hired a cabinet maker that was great. He listened to what I wanted and looked at photos I'd collected.
I spent many hours on the computer looking at other sewing room photos. Here's one such site.
http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm
Then I spent more hours looking at all the sewing room photos that were posted on this web site. Just do a search for sewing rooms here and see the gold mine of ideas this group has. Very creative people here!
My design wall was is a "make do" and it's doing pretty good for right now. I used some sticky back core board and covered it with flannel and then nailed it to the wall in the sewing room. On the far side I just used the staple gun and hung a sheet of flannel. I like the core board because I can use pins in it when I need to for heavier pieces.
Thank you for your sweet comments. I agree with you. I think my room is pretty fantastic too but I'm slightly prejudiced. :wink: