Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Thimbles For Everyone! >

Thimbles For Everyone!

Thimbles For Everyone!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Great site! I have had problems with learning to use a thimble every since I started quilting! I use #6014 on this site , but hard to find in quilt shops or fabric stores. the last one I bought was 12.00 and ended up being too big, but all they had. I am now using the one I have had for years which has been super glued several times! :D I can get 3 for the same price here! If you are like me and have trouble with finding the right thimble, try here. They have other things to help with hand movement also!

http://www.unitednotions.com/notions2005_302-308.pdf
Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 AM

Ninnie, Thanks for this link, will they sell to the public, or is it just wholesale? The page you have here is just thimbles, do you know if they sell other notions? If so, do you know how to find those pages? Do you order over the Phone or online? Thanks so much.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Great site! I have had problems with learning to use a thimble every since I started quilting! I use #6014 on this site , but hard to find in quilt shops or fabric stores. the last one I bought was 12.00 and ended up being too big, but all they had. I am now using the one I have had for years which has been super glued several times! :D I can get 3 for the same price here! If you are like me and have trouble with finding the right thimble, try here. They have other things to help with hand movement also!

http://www.unitednotions.com/notions2005_302-308.pdf
There is a remedy for thimbles that are too big . I have small fingers and thimbles are always too big . Buy a pack of eyeglass nose pads , put inside your thimble . I put 2 inside mine , I put the\ thimble so nose pads are on top of my fingernails .Not only makes the thimble fit but also cushions your fingernails :D Annie

Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM

Thanks for this posting! Yes, so true..something so simple as a thimble and they are hard to find...that will last too!:)I too have a small blue canning jar about half full of thimbles that don't fit or were given to me thinking they would:)I too love my thimble and even showed up at a school event not too long ago w/it on my finger!:)LOL oops! Skeat