Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please help: You who have a Grace GMQ Pro or a Janome 300e embroidery >

Please help: You who have a Grace GMQ Pro or a Janome 300e embroidery

Please help: You who have a Grace GMQ Pro or a Janome 300e embroidery

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM

Default Please help: You who have a Grace GMQ Pro or a Janome 300e embroidery

I never run across a good deal or seem to be in the right place at the right time, but, I met a lady by chance today. I was looking for a nice sewing table to do my quilting on. She happen to have a like new Grace GMQ pro table with pattern perfect templates, I do not know how many. Are you happy with yours? Would you recommend it?
Also she has a Janome 300e embroidery machine. I have always wanted one and would like to purchase both of these. Do you use yours alot? Is it one of those things we always want but don't make use of?

If in pristine shape what would be a fair price to pay for each of these?
I would really appreciate your help here. Both sold for $1,000 each new.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM

I can't answer the question but I love the oriole in your avatar!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
I can't answer the question but I love the oriole in your avatar!
Thank you...he was taken in my backyard. I always love spring when they return.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM

I have the GMQ frame bought in 2007 I think and it was more than $1000, it can go to 12 ft wide, has 4 aluminum poles and a carriage for your machine. I don't use those templates but I know they "aint" cheap.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by kathy View Post
I have the GMQ frame bought in 2007 I think and it was more than $1000, it can go to 12 ft wide, has 4 aluminum poles and a carriage for your machine. I don't use those templates but I know they "aint" cheap.
Do you think it was worth purchasing and do you use it often?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 AM

Pattern Perfect Template sets sell on Amazon for $212, the Grace GMQ Pro is being sold for $1099.99 on the Sewing Machine Outlet and the Janome 300 is selling for $999.00 on several sites. So her price of $1000 sounds like a bargain - IF the machine is in good working order. I'd want to go see her set up and try the machine before I buy.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 AM

I would buy it. I have a Grace frame that looks almost identical to the one on the website. It sets up for a king size quilt, but I don't have the room for that, so it is set up for a queen size. I use it ALL the time. I don't quilt any other way. I love it. I wouldn't make quilts if I didn't have it. The only problem I have, and you would too, is that you can't quilt but about six inches at a time. That is not like a long arm that you can quilt much more at once. I don't have the stencils, and I really wish that I did have them. I would snap it up. I assume you have a machine to mount on it, if it doesn't come with one. I assume the embroidery machine would be set up elsewhere.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by MadamPolo View Post
I would buy it. I have a Grace frame that looks almost identical to the one on the website. It sets up for a king size quilt, but I don't have the room for that, so it is set up for a queen size. I use it ALL the time. I don't quilt any other way. I love it. I wouldn't make quilts if I didn't have it. The only problem I have, and you would too, is that you can't quilt but about six inches at a time. That is not like a long arm that you can quilt much more at once. I don't have the stencils, and I really wish that I did have them. I would snap it up. I assume you have a machine to mount on it, if it doesn't come with one. I assume the embroidery machine would be set up elsewhere.
Thank you so much. That is what I wanted to hear. I do have a Bernina 1630 sewing machine and love it, purchased 17 years ago. Yes the embroidery machine would be set up by itself. I watched a couple of video's with the Grace GMQ and understand how it works. I have been sewing since I was very young but haven't jumped into quilting until now.
My machine throat is only 6 1/2" can a queen quilt be done using the Grace GMQ?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 AM

I have the Grace Pro frame as well & got a great deal on it. I've put my old Kenmore machine on it but the machine is giving me fits. I have my newer Janome on my sewing table & don't want to use it or I have no machine set up to sit & sew. My hubby frequently comments that I bought the machine "and I never use it"! Men, some don't get it...it's a frame not a machine! Anyway, I'm glad I bought the frame & will at some point put my Janome on it to give it a whirl. I have a practice piece of fabrics & batting ready to play with.
Maureen