Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 AM
JaniceP

Originally Posted by MadamPolo View Post
I would buy it. I have a Grace frame that looks almost identical to the one on the website. It sets up for a king size quilt, but I don't have the room for that, so it is set up for a queen size. I use it ALL the time. I don't quilt any other way. I love it. I wouldn't make quilts if I didn't have it. The only problem I have, and you would too, is that you can't quilt but about six inches at a time. That is not like a long arm that you can quilt much more at once. I don't have the stencils, and I really wish that I did have them. I would snap it up. I assume you have a machine to mount on it, if it doesn't come with one. I assume the embroidery machine would be set up elsewhere.
Thank you so much. That is what I wanted to hear. I do have a Bernina 1630 sewing machine and love it, purchased 17 years ago. Yes the embroidery machine would be set up by itself. I watched a couple of video's with the Grace GMQ and understand how it works. I have been sewing since I was very young but haven't jumped into quilting until now.
My machine throat is only 6 1/2" can a queen quilt be done using the Grace GMQ?