Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM

I was thinking the same thing, Lynnie and Lawsonmugs. I thought we were supposed to get out names on the 10th. Well, maybe if she works, she can't get to it till the weekend. I am working on mine, and really am done, but I just keep making more thinking I will like some better than others. Never know when to quit.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

just left Brenda a msg with our concern for her. I want to know she's o.k.
I worry about people. can't help it, i'll let you know if I hear from her
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM

Hi all,
Putting a copy of the post from the other thread about Texas Pie at the bottom of this post...and Lynnie it's a REAL thing and yummy...No mountain oysters for me...no rattlesnake, no possum, no nothing like that for Kif! Now dh, I am sad to say eats calf fries (aka as mountain oysters...whoever came up with that stupid name, anyway? Not all of us proud Texans agree with some of the crazy names things are known by here...nor do we eat or get anywhere near them! I don't even kiss hubby after he has eaten those nasty things! Matter of fact, I never in 30+ years of marriage cooked them, either...he had to "go home to momma" for those! Geerossss!!! And the "tastes like chicken" thing?? My response is just eat the chicken, then!).
Sorry for the digression...into what kif won't be digestin'....lol to the mini rhyme...um, ahem, okay now..here is the post:

Texas Pie:
Sorry Sunrise, I don't know how I missed your question on Texas Pie..
It starts with a crushed pecan crust, then layer of powdered sugar, cool whip, cream cheese mix, next layer is chocolate pudding, next layer is vanilla pudding, top all with cool whip. Sprinkle with crushed pecans or shaved chocolate. Hide from hubby, and EAT! I am not a big fan of cream cheese, but with it mixed in with powdered sugar and cool whip, and all the other layers it ROCKS!!
I usually use low fat cream cheese and 2% milk in the puddings to try and make it a lil less bad for me and my terrible cholesterol levels (high as 301, a "good" level for me is 230'sh...I can't take statin meds, either). People can't believe my cholesterol is that high, as I am fairly thin. I know that really has nothing to do with it, tho. I have a cousin who was very overweight, she had gastric bypass, lost 120+ pounds..but her cholesterol was always low... I really wish I didn't love breads and sweets so much..
Anyways, it's a great dessert and fast to make. I have also heard it called "Hi neighbor" and "Four Layer Yummy". Also some people use different flavors of puddings. My family and I always stick with the chocolate and vanilla.
K

PS I am sure Brenda is fine..she gets super busy with her job, and life, and sometimes it's the weekend before she can get caught up with her "QB family"..just gives more time to get more ornaments made...and maybe a Texas Pie!!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Well, sad to say, the only thing that appeals to me in that Texas pie is the pecans and the whipped topping. I have acid reflux and am lactose intolerant, and can't eat chocolate, gives me a migraine. I do eat an occasional vanilla or rice pudding. I can eat whipped topping since it really isn't dairy. Also I take cholesterol med to keep mine down. My dad died of a heart attack at age 49 and his dad at 60, so I am ripe for heart disease, so watch my diet quite rigidly. Kind of takes the fun out of life, but hey, I get to see my DGKs grow up. And I too am not a heavy person.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Miss Kiffie, you sold me on texas pie. sounds as good as derby pie. don't know what's in it, pecans and gooey stuff, but it's great. I agree with the low fat method, might do this this weekend. sounds too good to be true. I won't kiss my dh after hot wings or yucky stuff like that. to my swap partners, you're not getting your ornies mailed till Monday. the way it's looking I won't get your names till sat, and our po closes at 12 noon here on long island. gosh, the longer it takes to get the nae, the better the pkg will be from me, i'll add another thing tomorrow. thanks miss kiffie for the yummy recipe, sounds toooo good to share with anyone, when I do make it, i;ll sneak a bite of it here and there.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 PM

lynnie have you heard from Brenda??? Is she okay???
Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well , carry on and we'll have em ready to mail when we get names! as for the needle felting-I liked it! It came out pretty cute. a lil bigger that what I wanted but it just kinda got outta control . . . I can't post pics but maybe the receiver can. still working on other ones too. I'm out of wool because I just bought enough to give it a try. so after the first of the year I can get some more and get ahead for next year! I have been busy since last fall making my grandsons all kinds of felt foods for their "store". they got a TON last Christmas and I have a few more to make. they asked for Oreos, corn on the cob and canoli. I have never in my 60 years seen a canoli so I'm gonna have to research it. heck when I was a kid, we were lucky to get a coke and a bag of chips to share (5 of us kids) on payday. I made em a pizza now I want to try a Turkey for their restaurant. sure wish I could post pics!

Last edited by cherrio; 10-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Well, sad to say, the only thing that appeals to me in that Texas pie is the pecans and the whipped topping. I have acid reflux and am lactose intolerant, and can't eat chocolate, gives me a migraine. I do eat an occasional vanilla or rice pudding. I can eat whipped topping since it really isn't dairy. Also I take cholesterol med to keep mine down. My dad died of a heart attack at age 49 and his dad at 60, so I am ripe for heart disease, so watch my diet quite rigidly. Kind of takes the fun out of life, but hey, I get to see my DGKs grow up. And I too am not a heavy person.
You should try carob then gran. It is kind of like eating chocolate and honey. I love it myself. The health food section should have it like a powder or in chips for cookies. I use the Hershey's chocolate powder to make my cake, so most of my recipes are interchangeable with the carob.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-11-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
You should try carob then gran. It is kind of like eating chocolate and honey. I love it myself. The health food section should have it like a powder or in chips for cookies. I use the Hershey's chocolate powder to make my cake, so most of my recipes are interchangeable with the carob.
I have carob here, carob chips and carob powder. It is just not the same, doesn't send out that wonderful aroma. I did a test with my DGKs one time with carob chips vs. choc chips. They couldn't tell the difference. But the older boy said, "where's the chocolate smell?" I don't eat a lot of sweets anyway, so it really is no problem. I just don't allow anyone to bring chocolate into the house or I will eat some, and then get a migraine.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Doesn't anyone talk to Brenda? I really hope she is okay.