Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Well my little sewing machine and snowman and a couple little surprises went in the mail today. Hope you enjoy it. Mary
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Mine are mailed out. Please let me know they arrived safely. Thanks hope you love what I sent!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM

Planning on working on more orns tonight. At this rate I will have lots for the picking once I get the pic up. Hope my partners will like them.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM

Well, I will probably mail mine next week..if I don't stop making different ornys, I will need to send a larger box to each partner ..lol. Can't wait to start seeing everyones pics when they get theirs!
Lynnie, I never said I am a patient person...lol....But I guess as things have gotten "different" with health issues of dh, Mom, and moi here in our house, I think it has been a great lesson in patience for me...and a lesson that in my case, was much needed!!
Take care all,
Kif
Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

can't wait to see all the new creations that have been made.
grann, I don't know how you sleep. my Zoey sleeps on my legs,and sometimes my dh sprawls out all over. but now you tell me you have big puppy butt in your face. ooooohhhh, so sorry about that, but only as a furbaby mom will tell you, you wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM

well I thought I singed up for the swap but I guess not sense I did not get a name.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
well I thought I singed up for the swap but I guess not sense I did not get a name.
I dont think all the names are out yet. Brenda has been really busy with work and home so just hang in there.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM

All you fur baby parents, I love living vicariously thru your stories! We lost our Buttons (Kitty, ds named her Buttons when we got her, he was 8, why he picked Buttons as the name, who knows?? I wasn't quilting/sewing then.). Her nickname became Butts. She was 5 wks, really too young to be taken from her mommy, but the people were doing it anyway..she was the "runt", our son took 1 look and wanted her. I had never had a pet..my mom wouldn't have any in the house, and any strays that showed up in our yard soon found homes elsewhere. (Mom swears she had nothing to do with why the kid across the street or a block over ended up with that dog or cat...yeah, riiiight..)
Anywhose, Butts lived to be almost 19 years old. She was loved by us all, but had a special bond with me. When Mom moved out with us, she even loved Butts! Buttons had started laying around lots more, lethargic, poor appetite. We took her to her Vet, all tests revealed nothing. She was 18 + yrs old, so Vet gently said, She is getting older guys..she's had a great life, and given y'all much enjoyment. He was kind about it, having been her Vet for whole time we had her. She had always eaten healthy food, and I admit, she loved her Pounce treats! To try and stimulate her appetite we tried diff foods, bought a pet fountain for her drinking water, even tried canned pumpkin...everything Vet had said was safe and worth a try..At one visit, he put her in oxygen cage..ended up trying her on a heart med. Last 2 wks of her life we tried everything. The last day she was laying right next to me, touching me, I could see she was having a time breathing..the last straw was she stood up and was literally trying to drag herself to her litter box to use the restroom. Hubby came in from work, and I told him I couldn't put her thru this anymore. It was selfish on my part. So we made the difficult decision to let her go.. I will say it was one of the hardest things I have done, hubby, too. I used to kinda laugh and even joke about why would someone be so "gaa gaa" over an animal??! Well, I ate crow with my foot in my mouth over those comments! Butts has been gone 4 yrs this past Labor Day. I still sometimes think I see her out of the corner of my eye..or when I get up in the night to visit the restroom, I think I hear her feet padding in to sit by. (My Lupus/IC causes many night and day trips to rr, she would get up in the night every time to go with me..bless her!).
So, keep the fur baby stories coming!
Signed with a tear or 2 of memories of my Buttons,
Kif
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Oh Kiffie, how sad, I feel your pain. Three yrs ago, I had to put my Maine coon down after 8 yrs of pure pleasure with him. I still think I see Xanadu out of the corner of my eye. My dh swears when he gets to the hole on the 6th green, his ball always disappears, he Xanadu took it again. You're probably seeing your darling Buttons, they come back to let us know they are o.k. and to settle our hearts. it's kinda like this. When you're watching tv, you see what's on channel 5, all the frequencies are running around in the room, but you can't see them till you "tune in" to the channel, so when you put on channel 4,channel 4 comes on, but it was in the room all along, you just weren't "tuned in" to it. now you are. so our relatives are with us all along, we just aren't tuned into it. so...your baby Buttons has come to say hi. My Xanadu came a lot at first, he knew we still needed him. We have Zoey now, his pic is still up, but he knows Zoey is taking care of us now. I still talk to him, as I do my aunt and grandparents. They help me thru the rough times. I'll have Xanadu say hi to Buttons for you.

soooo, no one got their pkg from me today. those liars at the post office, they said by Thursday, definitely Friday. well, you better get your goodies tomorrow. they didn't have to go to farr, at least I don't think so. ( I was never good in geography). after you go past NYC you're on the west coast to me. maybe my people didn't get home yet, so they didn't get their pkg yet. I'm going out to a dinner, sponsored by the gazette here in the condo,us deliveres get a free dinner once a year. i'll ck when I get home. happy quilting.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

no pin cushion, no ornies today in OHIO. raining hard, raining steady. went to the JV football game to work the concession stand. Not a big crowd at all. Not a wonder. cold and wet. I still haven't found another ornie pattern that calls to me. I have a few to mail but I would like to find a pattern or idea at least that I honestly want to make. off to search again.