Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM

Great blocks Carrie-that's so smart to make 2 with the different backgrounds. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with 50 12" blocks. Lots of placemats?

Mirab, lovely as usual. I am so envious of your large design wall; mine is so small I have to lay my blocks out in the yard and take a pic. And your DJ's peeking out are so pretty.

Here are mine for the month of May (better late than never).[ATTACH=CONFIG]477174[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails maryland-massachusetts.jpg  
Old 05-28-2014, 03:55 PM

toverly--I am planning to do paper piecing for my DJ quilt. I bought the EQ program.

Mirabelle--great group shot! I only have 6 total blocks done. I only got 1 done in January and then May's blocks finished, plus 1 for June. I can't wait to have a lot like you.

Everyone else had some great blocks for May too!!! Let's all plan to post a group shot of blocks on July first...that will be the half way point for those who are all caught up. Those of us with less can just post what we have so far...
Old 05-28-2014, 09:39 PM

toverly I don't know if you were addressing me or Carriem but I will answer regarding my Dear Jane. I have the book and the software and if I can paper piece I will, if I have to make templates then I will and if I have to hand applique I try and avoid it for as long as possible. That is why it is taking me so long And I am making the Storm at Sea sashings so they are taking me longer than I expected.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:45 PM

Hi Everyone
Mirabella your first 21 blocks look great on you wall, I will to lay mine out at the end of June and get a photo, first I willhave to find a spear area on the floor to do this as I dont have a design wall. Maybe if everyone could take a photo at the end of June of what blocks that have been complete to that date.

Carriem I love your colour combination. I am looking forward at the end of the year to see everyone quilts compeleted.

Here is my Michigan block the back ground is white, not sure what went wrong with my camera.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477569[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 22.michigan.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Thanks Lyn. I like your color combo too. The one I am using is not "me", so kind of fun to try something different.

I decided not to make the Michigan block, so have MN all done for next week. I might try to work on April's blocks this week...catch up by working backwards.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM

ooo, pretties!!!
I'm about to have three fits because my stars quilt isn't back yet. Turns out she does two quilts a month
It will be worth it though...
Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Thanks Mirabelle, I think my next one will be a Dear Jane. I have a little more searching to do. Fabric shopping too. I just organized my stash and wow, this one took alot of fabric. I have actually chosen and cut the fabrics for the rest of the blocks. I have them in little plastic bags with the papers. During the summer, I lose momentum for sewing. It's just too pretty outside. Here is my Michigan, since I won't get a chance to post tomorrow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]477588[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 22-michigan.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 06:54 PM

toverly--pretty, soft batiks...great job.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 PM

Lyn I love your colour combo for your blocks, the green and gold really play well together.

Toverly another stunning block, so soft and pretty, wow you have all the blocks cut and ready to sew, that must have taken some time to do..I am just muddling along month to month.

Here is my Michigan for this week
Attached Thumbnails michigan.jpg  
Old 06-02-2014, 03:32 AM

mirabelle--another great block with good contrast.

I am thinking maybe I will take some time and cut fabrics for several of the blocks too...great idea! I actually did that with my Pony Club quilt, but just haven't taken the time for this quilt yet.