Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your least favorite quilt and why? >

What's your least favorite quilt and why?

What's your least favorite quilt and why?

Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM

Default What's your least favorite quilt and why?

I just finished this quilt for my daughters step-son. He's going to be 8 next week. I like the colors and the pattern, but the quilting part was a total pain and really made me dislike this quilt. All I did was follow each side of the block seams and they just wouldn't stay straight and I had gatherings. I ended up rushing it and forcing it because I just got tired of looking at it. I hope he will enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 PM

I would say my first or second quilt because they are so awful in the piecing
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM

So far I haven't made any quilts (for myself) that I have disliked. I do have to say though that when I make one in conjunction with my guild, if the colors are muddy browns, greys (Civil War type fabrics) I find it very hard to get enthused enough to get them done. I do them but I isn't fun or easy. So color effects me more than a specific pattern.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:49 PM

That is a cute quilt - love the vibrant yellow and red on black.

Good thing about 8 year old's getting a quilt - they don't see the mistakes, they see the love!

I just gave my dgd (19) her 'snake' quilt for Christmas. It is called the 'quilt from hell' because it gave me trouble at every step of the process. It's really awful in terms of skill - I am better than that particular quilt shows me to be - but it simply would not cooperate with me. When I told her that, she gave me a and wrapped herself in it.

So, yes, I know how you felt - just wanted to get it D-O-N-E!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 PM

I once made a very labor intense quilt .. and was stumped as to what I was going to do for the border....so I went to my LQS ...quilt top in hand to pick out and maybe get a bit of "inspiration" from the staff for the final border. All of the staff kept pushing me toward a fabric and saying " oh trust me you will love it ".. so I took the leap of faith..and I never did like it. I have since learned to trust my own judgement when it come to color. So it sits in a box , and every time I look a it I am disappointed. I won't even give it away, as I don't want anyone to know I used that awful color.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:31 PM

Your 8 year old will love the quilt. It was made with love. And, being 8 years old he won't treat it like a museum piece. It will be a real comfort quilt for him.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 AM

I started a black cathedral windows with an entire bolt of black on black. It was terribly difficult to see, and also showed every cat hair from my three cats. I mailed it off to some woman from another forum who said she take it when I posted about maybe just burning it up.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:51 AM

I know what you mean, when a quilt is a drudge to either piece, finish or quilt, I can't get rid of it fast enough. I always think, "Monkey be gone!" as I give it away. But so far each recipient has loved what they've received so it just an adjustment I make now in my head and on to the next one. Viva la Quilt! or is that le Quilt?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 AM

Any pattern that has the word "disappearing" in it are not quilts I will make again.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:24 AM

I don't like the tumbling blocks pattern.
It is ugly.