Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
could someone tell me why? >

could someone tell me why?

could someone tell me why?

Old 06-12-2014, 04:25 AM

Default could someone tell me why?

Many times, not all, but many, I will answer something on here and I get the dreaded "Your answer is too short, it must be at least 10......." I thought it was because I skip a line to start my comment. Just did one, put it in the next line and got the message is too short message - for awhile there I could barely type on this site because the words kept messing up - someone suggested I use the first A at the top and that helped and now I don't have to. What gives?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:30 AM

This site is read by mostly women, and we really like to gab. So, "short and sweet" is only half way there!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

I got that message at first because I had typed less than 10 characters. Sometimes I just can't figure out why and just enjoy the company of so many talented quilters on this site.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

The board administrator controls the settings of the board. It's simple to change but I doubt it will be.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:18 AM

I think the setting is in place to help reduce spam posts. I've seen it used on many different message boards.

Cheers, K
Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Judi in Ohio View Post
Many times, not all, but many, I will answer something on here and I get the dreaded "Your answer is too short, it must be at least 10......." I thought it was because I skip a line to start my comment. Just did one, put it in the next line and got the message is too short message - for awhile there I could barely type on this site because the words kept messing up - someone suggested I use the first A at the top and that helped and now I don't have to. What gives?
I have a lot of problems typing out a reply on this site for some reason also. I just go to notepad, type a reply and copy and paste. It is annoying but the only way I can reply.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 AM

I have noticed several times that I got that message, when I HAD typed more than ten characters. It took me awhile to figure out, but it always happened after I clicked "Reply with Quote" and I finally noticed that I started my reply inside the quote and apparently it starts counting after the quote.

I am more careful now (meaning I slow down a bit...) and it hasn't happened any more.

Maybe this will help someone?

Dina
Old 06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

When I was still using Internet EXplorer i kept having difficulties typing in here. Very frustrating.
Now that i use Firefox, all is well.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CorgiNole View Post
I think the setting is in place to help reduce spam posts. I've seen it used on many different message boards.

Cheers, K
yes, this is the reason... it helps prevent spam posts
Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 AM

Reply to my reply.
I also use Firefox and am not having problems typing now, but did for a while. This message "Your message should be 10 characters, etc" is not the result of a short message - they are plenty long enough. It seems to me it has to do with where you start your reply. I just did one from the top - with the message I'm replying to on the bottom - I don't care for this, but this is where the cursor is when I hit reply with quote.