Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wall Hanging help needed >

Wall Hanging help needed

Wall Hanging help needed

Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM

Default Wall Hanging help needed

I would like to make a wall hanging, from fabric, in the shape of a double dip ice cream cone. I've searched the internet for help, but can't find anything. I must be using the wrong search terms - surely wall hangings have been made in shapes.

I'm sure I can enlarge an ice cream cone coloring page (I'd like this to be about 15" high"). But then what? I have some really stiff interfacing. Could I just use this as a backing, and applique my cone and ice cream dips to this backing? Any other ideas? Are there on-line instructions that I'm just not finding? I'd like it to be somewhat three dimensional, not just stiff and flat.

I can follow directions, but I'm weak at coming up with my own ideas. I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

I would Google DOUBLE ICE CREAM CONE and print any picture that appeals to you. Enlarge the picture and use it as your pattern. I had a counted cross stitch pattern of a double scoop ice cream on a pointed cone but have no idea where it is.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:10 PM

Try using placemat or table runner in your search terms as well. No reason they can't be wall hangings! I purchased some veggie placemat patterns a couple of years ago. If you are not in a hurry I can try to look for them to give you another option. I'm headed out of town for a couple of weeks though on Sun. Tomorrow promises to be quite busy but I willtry to remember to look before I leave.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:57 PM

Thank you NJ Quilter. I googled various placemat patterns, which led me to a tutorial for a cupcake oven mitt tutorial. I'm confident that I can rework the cupcake into an ice cream cone. Have a great trip!
Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Try using placemat or table runner in your search terms as well. No reason they can't be wall hangings! I purchased some veggie placemat patterns a couple of years ago. If you are not in a hurry I can try to look for them to give you another option. I'm headed out of town for a couple of weeks though on Sun. Tomorrow promises to be quite busy but I willtry to remember to look before I leave.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

I found this pattern on eBay. It is ONLY a single scoop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Scoop...item3a926b2b68

I have bought from this seller before. She ships quickly and her shipping rates are low.