My Pink Atlas

Old 07-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Default My Pink Atlas

I found this gorgeous machine on CL for $50. It runs beautifully and doesn't seem to have been used much. I still need to do some cleaning and oiling. Again, I have purchased a machine with no manual. I don't see any way to take off the top for oiling places but maybe you just need to oil where the holes are. The underneath side looks to be fairly clean. It is a straight stitch machine. The case is an original pink and black one with the Atlas Decals on it. It is in really good condition. I can't find out anything about this machine. Does anyone on the board know when this machine might have been made? Was it manufactured by Brother as it seems to have some brother features. Does anyone know where I might get a manual or would a basic brother manual work? This machine is just beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails machine-front.jpg   machine-back.jpg   stitch-length.jpg   face-plate-front.jpg   face-plate-workings.jpg  

underneath.jpg   atlas-case-front.jpg   atlas-case-back.jpg  
Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 PM

Nice machine! Atlas made some of the prettier pink machines IMO. I know at least some Brother and Atlas machines were made by the same people. There's a good chance yours was too.
Rodney
Old 07-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Your machine is exactly like the machine I inherited from my mom. I was around eight years old when she bought it (I turned 65 in April). I learned to sew on that machine. It is great machine in my opinion
Old 07-06-2014, 05:34 PM

Congratulations!! I love my Atlas machine.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Very pretty! Now it makes me want to clean up mine! I have one just like that in the hoard. It's much much dirtier than yours but I wonder if the true shade of pink would come up as nice as the one you have with some elbow grease? Mine has the same case and everything although I have done no work at this point to learn the age of it.

Iirc, there is one just like it in the Japanese machines thread and instead of "Atlas" actually says "Brother" on the face of the machine.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

I think they are the same as a Morse, too.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:18 PM

I have 2 pink Atlas machines. One was my mom's and I learned to sew on it. The other one I bought at Goodwill in a cabinet for $10. I have the manuals too. If you can't find one I could copy it for you. It wouldn't be til after the 13th as I'm not home until then. Just Pm me and let me know.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:12 PM

I don't know a lot about vintage machines but love the looks of the bobbin winder on this machine.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:25 PM

I am SO jealous! That is such a cute machine, and to have it in this great condition is wonderful. I never see things like this around here.

Leslie
Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 AM

Generic straight stitch machines with low shank presser feet are pretty...generic. Manuals don't really say a whole lot for SS machines that you may not be able to figure out. But that one is certainly a beauty!!