Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller! >

A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller!

A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller!

Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 AM

Default A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller!

I was thinking for some reason, that the mount on this item I won was for the old style White mounting yoke, but it's standard Low Shank. I was also surprised in how mint looking everything appears, like virtually unused!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WHIT...vip=true&rt=nc

Not shown is that the manual and metal attachment box are pinkish. It seems odd if this was used with the White 673, as that machine had a lot of bult in stitches.
It seems odd that it was used with anything OTOH, cause it's a bit on the heavy side!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:04 AM

Interesting part tho. I've never seen anything like it. It's similar to the standard zig zagger..does it have a camstack?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:15 AM

The attachment is made by Greist. It's an aftermarket accessory. I doubt it originally came as an accessory with a machine with built in cams. I've not been able to add one of those to my collection yet, but I'll bet it adds a lot of strain to the presser foot shaft.

Joe
Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 AM

It's nice you appreciate the condition of the item! I had one similar to this(in excellent condition) that I sold on ebay and the buyer contacted me that she didn't "like" the shipping charge and could I just put it in a padded envelope....don't think so!!! I politely let her know proper shipping was the ONLY way I sent things and I don't throw anything vintage or that needed to arrive in one piece in an envelope.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Joe, have to agree there, but I'll at least try it (after oiling) on whatever machine looks sturdiest.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 AM

Any way you look at it, it's a pretty cool attachment.
Rodney
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
Joe, have to agree there, but I'll at least try it (after oiling) on whatever machine looks sturdiest.
I would too. That accessory fascinates me. When you do use it, please post us a report on it.

Joe
Old 08-05-2014, 09:46 AM

I've got a few of them - this one should work on any side attaching machine (like Singer) I've been watching for the earlier ones that have the different mounting systems for the earlier White (clamps to the bar) or National or Free.

I don't think this would add any more strain than the Singer zigzag attachment - it just has the stitches built in instead of having interchangeable cams.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've got a few of them - this one should work on any side attaching machine (like Singer) I've been watching for the earlier ones that have the different mounting systems for the earlier White (clamps to the bar) or National or Free.

I don't think this would add any more strain than the Singer zigzag attachment - it just has the stitches built in instead of having interchangeable cams.
I have some kind of thing somewhere that has an odd way to clamp on. I have to dig it out some time.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:03 PM

I love your Winston Churchill quote