Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A shout-out for Keepsake Quilting >

A shout-out for Keepsake Quilting

A shout-out for Keepsake Quilting

Old 08-30-2014, 04:40 AM

Default A shout-out for Keepsake Quilting

I recently received an order from Keepsake, and eagerly opened it up and there were three different fabrics in there as expected, but two like fabrics were folded together and they were the same length. I very rarely ever check an order from anywhere by measuring, but being as I had ordered 3 yds of one and two of the other, no way should they look to be the same. So, got out the yard stick and laid them out on a table. The two yrd piece was shy about 3/8 of an inch and the piece that was to be 3 yrds. was only 2 yds. The third piece was 1 and a half, as ordered. I called them immediately after taking pictures, in case I needed them. Whoever I talked to was so nice and without any verification, told me that they would be shipping replacements of both fabrics in the correct yardage. I can't praise them enough. I was just floored. They have shipped.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Good .

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-30-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: remove negativity
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 AM

Yippie...3 cheers for great customer service.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:51 AM

I have had a similar experience with Keepsake Quilting. They are an hour away from me so I can go there to buy fabric. Once the cashier did not flip the slip over and missed a purchase of $40. I realized it when I got home and called. After a nice chat with the representative (who was not going to charge me anything), we agreed that they would charge me $20. They were wonderful-I was the one who insisted I should be charged for the purchase. After all, I had the fabric I wanted! If you are in NH, it is worth the trip to go to their shop!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 AM

You'll find most online companies will do that for you if you call them. In the past I never checked my fabrics for correct yardage till I got one that I knew was not what I had ordered from Connecting Threads. After checking all my fabrics and marking down what they were, I called the company, gave them my list and they shipped out the correct yardage. This last shipment I ordered 4 different browns in their Mirage collection as I needed more of one but wasn't sure which one it was so to be safe I ordered all 4 browns on this site. Right off I knew one was not cut correctly,.............yep only half what I ordered. Then I found one to be a pinkish color and thought...........boy I really messed up but realized it was their Strawberry and not my brown. So called them and they shipped out the correct fabrics. No questions asked and I get to keep their mistakes. Now I'm sure someone out there will figure out a way to scam them but I'm sure most quilters are honest. Some of my orders I'll have anywhere up to 20-30 fabrics in the order and I now measure them before I fold them up and put them away. I sometimes wonder how many of my previous orders were miss cut. They'll even send you new if they're only a couple inches off. Now that's what I call a great company.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:14 PM

They are a great company to do business with.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

A great company
Old 08-31-2014, 09:24 PM

Too bad all companies are not like that. Cheers to them.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 PM

I agree. Both Keepsake Quilting & Connecting Threads have sent the correct item or yardage immediately after I got in touch with them. And that's why I keep ordering from them both.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 AM

Can't say enough good things about CT also. I order on a fairly regular basis. One time they sent an additional queen sized batting that I didn't order. I called Customer Service to ask if they wanted to send a call tag for me to return it to them. They said it was their error and to enjoy it with their best wishes. Another time my order failed to reach me after 3 weeks. Seemed to be stuck in a Fed Ex hub. They sent out a replacement order immediately. When the original order finally reached me, I called and they issued a call tag for me to ship back to them at no charge to me.

Last edited by SouthPStitches; 09-01-2014 at 03:03 AM.