3D flowers

Old 12-26-2014, 02:18 PM

Default 3D flowers

Last year I attended a Floriani workshop in Denver. We made 3D flowers in the hoop on Brother embroidery machines and then used an iron to crinkle them. There were some beautiful white organza 3D flowers displayed. They were approximately 2 - 3 inches in diameter. Can someone tell me how to make them and what I would need to get? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:10 AM

Try contacting the place you had the workshop.....
Old 12-27-2014, 06:53 AM

I attended a workshop in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. We made them in the workshop You need the organza, do not use poly or anything that can't be burned away with a tool. You will need the embroidery pattern, (we were given one at the workshop). You sandwich (we used Jenny Haskins Krinkle Magic) but there are other product lines, between 2 layers of the organza in your hoop. You then embroider the individual petals in the hoop. Before taking the material from the hoop you use a burning tool and burn around each petal. Then lay them out on the ironing board and steam them to get the crinkle effect, Then use a glue gun and glue the parts together and add a pin or clip. Be sure to use cotton thread as polyester will melt. Your embroidery source probably can get the pattern which includes several patterns. I made these as Christmas gifts. Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Duh. Who would have thought!

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Try contacting the place you had the workshop.....
Old 12-27-2014, 12:23 PM

Thanks Betty. Now that you gave me directions, I do remember that is exactly how we did it. I will need to buy the heat tool.

Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
I attended a workshop in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. We made them in the workshop You need the organza, do not use poly or anything that can't be burned away with a tool. You will need the embroidery pattern, (we were given one at the workshop). You sandwich (we used Jenny Haskins Krinkle Magic ) but there are other product lines, between 2 layers of the organza in your hoop. You then embroider the individual petals in the hoop. Before taking the material from the hoop you use a burning tool and burn around each petal. Then lay them out on the ironing board and steam them to get the crinkle effect, Then use a glue gun and glue the parts together and add a pin or clip. Be sure to use cotton thread as polyester will melt. Your embroidery source probably can get the pattern which includes several patterns. I made these as Christmas gifts. Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

I saw it done on tv and they used a wood burning tool to burn with, that may help a bit. Michaels on a coupon.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Duh. Who would have thought!
Glad someone here was able to help you.....show a pic of this flower....sounds cute.....
Old 12-29-2014, 12:56 PM

You will need to iron the Floriani product (Heat 'n' Shrink) onto the back of the organza before you embroider the flower petals. Cut around the petals - not too close- and seal the edges with a heat tool or stencil cutter. Then when you press the petals, they crinkle.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:49 PM

More questions... Can tulle be used instead of organza? Does the heat tool seal the edges? If it does, do the pieces have to be stitched around the edges or can they be spray glued?