Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Update on Pfaff 130 Has No Power >

Update on Pfaff 130 Has No Power

Update on Pfaff 130 Has No Power

Old 02-14-2015, 04:32 PM

Default Update on Pfaff 130 Has No Power

Here is my original post:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t260636.html

I am happy to report that I am back sewing on my vintage Pfaff 130! After three trips to get some connector supplies, we were able to successfully hook up the new motor. Then the challenge became mounting it, since the bracket was completely different and if mounted as it was, it would have been an inch off from where it should have been for the belt. My husband was able to use a clamp and the existing original Pfaff bracket.

He may decide to open the motor and check the brushes, but that is new territory for us also. I think I will just buy the next old Pfaff from that series that comes my way and have what I need for the future. I think I mentioned in my first post that there was an opportunity on Craigslist in our town to get a Pfaff 230 less than a week before my 130 quit working. And the cabinet was better than mine!

Thanks, everyone for your ideas and support!

Dayle
Old 02-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Glad you are up and running again! If you want to get good experience on motors and brushes and such, open up the old motor. I guess you can't hurt anything since you've replaced it and it will be good learning.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:22 AM

AH I remember it well, the day I found out that sewing machine motor brushes are not brushes at all.

Thank goodness hubby new exactly what they were and how to check them and get them back into the machine. I know I would have had lots of trouble right from the get go because I would have been looking for 'brushes'. (((giggles)))