Estate sale!

Old 06-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Default Estate sale!

Went to an estate sale an acquaintance managed. This is what she does. Usually some good ones. 3 Singers. One was just like my 401 with a desk cabinet. Looked it over and the needle and bobbin everything looked in tact but no thread. I asked her if it worked. She didn't know and didn't know where any attachments were. Asked her if I could try it because I had my test kit with me and a bobbin to fit. Threaded the machine and started it up. Didn't look bad underneath. I didn't want it but just to try it. checked the cams only 2. Was not in bad shape and a little noisier than mine. Didn't push it because I didn't have any oil. But while checking it out, a man walked up to her and asked how much. I told her I wasn't interested because I have one. It did need some work. Asking price was $95.00. He bought it for his DGD who lives with him. Told him he could go on line for the manual. She asked me to check the other 2 but they didn't have the control foot and none had attachments. He took a couple photos of the machine so they would know how to thread it. It was fun and it sold. She didn't think she'd ever sell it. Didn't let him have mykit though. I walked away with a free flannel red/black shirt. And that's ok!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Sounds like it went to a good home. Did you refer the buyer to here?
Rodney
Old 06-13-2015, 05:46 AM

You like a true machine lover sharing happiness in helping the machines find a new home (and sharing the addiction?.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like another stitcher will be joining the ranks. See...you can get them hooked, and you didn't really have to try!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Sorry, I didn't refer them here but found out it was a sad situation and his DGD was absolutely thrilled. Told them to go to YouTube to check out the videos and gave them my business card also. If and when they contact me, I'll make sure to mention QB. I told them I'm not a machine expert at all just know my own and still learning. The hostess contacted me later in the evening about couple more she has coming up. I told her to contact the relatives of the estate and see if they know where the attachments for the machines are. They could put everything together or atleast in a spot where some one won't walk off with the attachments or manuals. When I got mine the estate sale mgr. had the manual and attachments in a safe spot where no one could take them. As soon as the estate mgr. finds out about the machines for the next ones, we will look at them together. Anxious to find out. Don't have the money to buy extra (and no space) but fun to play.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 PM

Sounds like you may have found a gig as "sewing machine consultant"! And first dibs too, right? LOL
Old 06-13-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Sounds like you may have found a gig as "sewing machine consultant"! And first dibs too, right? LOL
I agree. Maybe if you do it often enough, you could get a consulting fee .