Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your scaring me >

Your scaring me

Your scaring me

Old 07-14-2015, 06:32 AM

Default Your scaring me

Someone posted that their using washable Crayola Markers I use washable glue all the time but this is the first time I've heard of this. Would you share what you know.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:38 AM

Just make sure they're washable and don't iron the marks. It's also a good idea to try on a scrap of fabric first. I've used them with no problems.

Last edited by quiltsRfun; 07-14-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I have had great luck with them in marking circles for an applique quilt I am making. the marks came out even after ironing! (lucky for me!!) For quilting I still stick with the blue water soluble markers or the purple air erase ones. I have not had the nerve to test Crayola Washable markers on a quilt.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:02 AM

I don't know about washable markers, but someone has introduced me to a fabulous pen from Pilot. It is the FRI-X-ION sold at Staples. The pen is a fine point (mine is blue)--mark and when you are done, iron. The heat makes the mark disappear! I use this for all types of marking.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

TEST,TEST,TEST before using any marking method. I prefer white chalk for marking on medium to dark fabrics. It is inexpensive, I can get a nice point with my make up pencil sharpening and I can usually just brush it off after quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]525106[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:31 AM

There is a marker which comes off when wet. Sorry can't remember the name clover is part of it I'm sure. Just having a serious senior moment after 5 hours drive and embroidery between.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

This has been posted lots of times. Use the search function for Crayola makers and you can read previous posts. As mentioned, make sure they are the washable ones, and TEST whatever marker you want to use with every project. I think that some of the dyes in the prints accept markers differently, so even if you have used a tool successfully in the past, test it on a scrap before you use it on your current project.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:34 AM

They are marvelous and really do wash right out! I've had the marking on some quilts for months and they still totally wwash out. Being inexpensive, they would be worth trying on scraps to see how they work for you. (I don't use the red because in general its the bleediest color there is!! I should take my own adivce and try it!)

Enjoy your day!
Old 07-14-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by SMC5757 View Post
I don't know about washable markers, but someone has introduced me to a fabulous pen from Pilot. It is the FRI-X-ION sold at Staples. The pen is a fine point (mine is blue)--mark and when you are done, iron. The heat makes the mark disappear! I use this for all types of marking.
Don't those pen marks come back if the fabric gets cold or something?
Old 07-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I got a box of these the other day and really like that I can use them on the pastel fabrics also.
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
TEST,TEST,TEST before using any marking method. I prefer white chalk for marking on medium to dark fabrics. It is inexpensive, I can get a nice point with my make up pencil sharpening and I can usually just brush it off after quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]525106[/ATTACH]