Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobbs Tuscany cotton batting >

Hobbs Tuscany cotton batting

Hobbs Tuscany cotton batting

Old 12-25-2015, 01:11 PM

Default Hobbs Tuscany cotton batting

Can someone please describe the loft of Hobbs Tuscany 100% cotton batting? I have used Warm and Natural, Quilters Dream request and select lofts, and Warm and Plush. Thank you so much!

I am trying as many quilt batting brands as possible because it's fun and I want to know I am using the perfect one for every type of quilt.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:59 PM

If you contact the Hobbs company letting them know the information you need, they should provide you with a fold-out sample packet with all of their current batting included. They make other fiber products, but you will find contact information about their batting at hobbsbatting.com.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:12 PM

When you find out, please send me your list. I wanted that info, too, but I haven't made enough quilts to find the answer! (Not to mention lack of patience.)
Old 12-26-2015, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
If you contact the Hobbs company letting them know the information you need, they should provide you with a fold-out sample packet with all of their current batting included. They make other fiber products, but you will find contact information about their batting at hobbsbatting.com.
Thank you for your help! I did find this PDF on their site, I don't know if the link will work here: http://www.hobbsbatting.com/wp-conte...rison_Wide.pdf
Old 12-26-2015, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
When you find out, please send me your list. I wanted that info, too, but I haven't made enough quilts to find the answer! (Not to mention lack of patience.)
So far this is what I've thought of the batting I have tried:

Warm and Natural and Quilters Dream request have 1/8" loft. I prefer the Quilters Dream because it is bleached and there are never any sticks in it. Plus the Warm and Natural has 10% polyester.

Quilters Dream select loft is about 1/8"-1/4" thick, and is so far my favorite, especially for lap quilts.

Warm and Plush is my second favorite. It is a little over 1/4" thick, and has no sticks in it unlike the Warm and Natural. It's the perfect weight for bed quilts.

I have also tried Quilter's Dream wool. I like it, yet it has the airy texture of poly batting, which makes it hard to work with for machine quilting. The loft is 1/3"-1/2".
Old 12-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I just bought a roll of Hobbs 80/20 batting recently. I haven't seen the Tuscany type. I prefer Hobbs because it does has a small puff to it (not as flat as W&N) and it is lighter in weight compared to W&N. I have used it since it first came out. This is just my opinion.