Embroidery Software ?

Old 04-23-2016, 06:52 AM

Default Embroidery Software ?

I'm hoping some of you ladies/gents can help me. I'm looking for embroidery software that would allow me to do some basic editing/digitizing that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm wondering if the Embrilliance Essentials would allow me to do this. I recently took a class on quilting with my embroidery machine doing an all over design. Unfortunately, the smallest design the program has is 5x9. My machine will only do 5x7. They tried reducing the design for me but my machine still read it as a 5x9 and wouldn't run the design. I need to be able to reduce these designs so I can use them. I have a Brother PE-770. I know I can reduce designs with my machine but it won't read the design since it's too large.

I have My Editor and Wilson True Sizer but I haven't been able to find if these programs will let me reduce the designs. If anyone has either of these programs and can enlighten me as to whether these will work I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Sorry - I use the Buzz Tools line of software i.e. Buzz Explore, Buzz Edit 3, and Buzz Word. I am able to change the size somewhat with Buzz Edit but I just looked and they have a program Buzz Size that will resize up to 200% while maintaining the same design density. I like the Buzz Tools line of software as it is very easy to use - most of the time I don't even need the User Manual to figure out how to do things. According to their website, Buzz Size is available for a free 21 day trial if you are interested.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 AM

Maggie Lou, I sent you PM with instructions for resizing in My Editor. Will follow up with more detailed (screenshots) if needed. And BTW, you should have a manual 'embedded' in the program. I think you find it by looking in "HELP". I do not use Trusizer, but I understand you can resize with that program also.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:34 AM

Try Embird I have used this system forever, have tried others but none match up. I like the idea that when upgrades are needed they supply it free to members/owners. There are a multitude of of things you can do with it, you can download and try for about a month free also found if you get stuck or do not understand how things work they are really helpful (and in my case patient)
Old 04-24-2016, 04:21 AM

I also am looking for software for editing. I want to have the most user friendly. I have a Baby Lock Spirit.
Thank you for posting your question.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:31 AM

I've been using Embird seems like forever. When I got my 1st embroidery machine, a Viking Designer 1 that takes a floppy, Embird didn't have the capacity to transfer designs to a floppy so I got Viking's 3D Embroidery program at an outrageous price. Didn't know better back then. Anyway Embird has since changes so I can transfer designs to a floppy though I haven't needed to try as I got another embroidery machine, Babylock Ellegeo (have since then upgraded to Ellegante). Have upgraded this program everytime they do and recently acquired their add-on "Font" as I do mostly quilting labels.

I've used Embird to resize, merge, delete parts, split, etc. and its so easy to figure out how to do this with all the videos out there to help you. The price is quite reasonable compared to others I've checked out too. And as someone mentioned, they have a 30-day trial you can download to see if it will do what you want.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 AM

I have the old designers gallery and sizemaker programs from Baby Lock. It is most user friendly. You can sometimes find them on ebay.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:59 AM

Maybe this will help!
Here is a free software program. I have used it but very little as I too have the old Babylock program but this is very similar to that. They have tutorials also. You can certainly uninstall it if you don't like meanwhile it will save you especially if only doing basic things.

http://sophiesew.com/SS2/index.php

Good Luck,
Lisa
Old 04-24-2016, 08:36 AM

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Mermaid sent me the instructions on resizing with My Editor. Many thanks, Mermaid. I'm going to try that but I still need a digitizing program. I'm seriously considering Embrid Essentials for a starter program. It looks like it has the basics I'm looking for at a reasonable price.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 AM

http://sophiesew.com/SS2/the-software/ This is free digitizing software--there are video tutes to help you...the tutorials are here and you can D/L them to your computer http://sophiesew.com/SS2/portfolio/s...n-1-tutorials/
Digitizing is not easy--until everything clicks and you get some experience. Have patience. I could never be patient enough with Embird--it totally drove me to the nuthouse. People who ''get it'', truly love it. But it is is a free trial. Sophiesew is a stand alone program that has no time limit.