Online Pharmacies

Old 04-29-2016, 07:16 AM

Default Online Pharmacies

Has anyone ever ordered from one not located in the US?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

No, I would be too worried about the quality of the drugs.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

I just go to Walmart. Nearly in my backyard.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:45 AM

I asked this question for my girlfriend. We are very happy with our prescription service.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

oh my friend in Texas seems to do that. confusing to talk to her so i don't know details. Canada is where she gets them I think.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:38 AM

I would be afraid to use foreign pharmacies, a lot of our generic drugs come from abroad. WAY too many problems with the purity of what they put in them.
I had to switch my only Rx to a U.S. made because of problems with a generic. My heart Dr. wrote a note to my family Dr., he did not see any reason a generic drug could cause an allergy for me. I have stopped going to that Dr and have a younger one who knows about the problems with off shore drugs. The symptoms have totally cleared up since taking the U.S. product Atenolol.
Jan
Old 04-30-2016, 04:52 AM

Yes, There is a list of approved pharmacies on the internet. I get pills I order from Canada that cost about a dollar that cost 8.00 here at Walmart, and that's for each pill. I have ordered from Canada for years with no problems whatsoever.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:10 AM

I to have ordered from Canada and also gotten meds in Mexico have done this for years and no problem my doctor told me there are only so many manufacturing places in the world and they are all made in the same places if the U.S. pharmacys were not controlled by special interest groups we would not have to do this as I could never afford my meds if I had to buy them here just look at the trouble in the U.S. with their food and meds I would not worry about quality at all
Old 04-30-2016, 06:21 AM

U.S. pharmacies also have their problems. It's not so much the pharmacies but the approvals given by the FDC. Note all the commercials on TV from lawyers about one drug or another!! You would think if something has been approved by the FDC it wouldn't kill you. Exactly what are they doing anyway??
Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 AM

My doctor actually suggested using a Canadian pharmacy when I was looking for lower cost drugs. She said that the Canadian pharmacies are just as strict, if not even stricter than the US, in their regulation of drugs and drug ingredients. I didn't use them because I needed the drug right away and couldn't wait for the out-of-country processing. I've found that Walmart seems to have the cheapest drugs around here -- even cheaper than Costco, where I was previously getting them. AND - the Walmart pharmacists are very knowledgeable and helpful and courteous when it comes to getting questions answered. I had to have surgery a few years ago, and since I am allergic to many pain meds, I had to have a long discussion with the pharmacist to decide what drug to tell my doctor I could take after the surgery. It all worked out perfectly for me due to the pharmacist's knowledge about "minor" ingredients in some of the pain meds.