Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So many, TOO many, dogs and cats >

So many, TOO many, dogs and cats

So many, TOO many, dogs and cats

Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM

Default So many, TOO many, dogs and cats

I'm thinking about getting another dog as a companion for my Daisy Dog. I look at the local humane society website and Pet Finder and then, from Pet Finder, I see ALL the rescue sites. If I see a dog I'm interested in, I'll go to the rescue sites, but, then, I just get OVERWHELMED by the number of dogs and cats that are in rescue, and this is just within 25 miles of where I live! It really is so, so sad. God Bless all those who do rescue work. Spay and neuter your pets!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-22-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: remove shouting
Old 06-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I hear you. We have 4 cats, all rescues.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:13 AM

Prism -- Over the years, I've had 6 cats, all rescues as well. Daisy sits on the patio of the condo next to mine and cries when she sees the cats. I go back and forth between another dog or 2 cats.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:23 AM

It's sad about so many unwanted dogs and cats. God bless people who give them homes!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:39 AM

I have a couple of rescue German Shepherds at the moment, would take another one but one of mine has issues and needs walked alone. I have mobility issues due to an accident and poor hubby walks two dogs separately each night for a minimum of 4 miles. I volunteer with the GS rescue Scotland and want to rehome them all lol.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

I agree. I just don't understand why people don't spay and neuter and their pets. I did all my pets at 6 months. It does help prolong their life.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I agree. I just don't understand why people don't spay and neuter and their pets. I did all my pets at 6 months. It does help prolong their life.
n

..and also their temperament...slows the hormones/urges...and we know what that means! Unfortunately, though, most vets charge extremely high fees for doing it......easy money for them.......
Old 06-22-2016, 03:05 PM

we live in the country. It is unbelievable the number of people who bring out entire litters and "drop them off" to be wild and free. The poor things drag themselves to the nearest home or barn looking for care.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 PM

I got my sweetheart Oliver from I Am A Live Cat Rescue. He is the best kitty ever...I adore him.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Dh's first dog was a rescue out of the back of a pickup. She was a cocker spaniel mix. I guess you can say all of ours (7) were. Brutus was thrown out of the back of a car window. Dh saw that happen. That was 8-9 years ago. He's all we have left and I really don't want anymore. They were all altered before they were able to have any pups. I have to say Buddy (Golden Pit) got out once and he came home later that night. Few months later we saw a few golden mixes being sold at the park near us. I keep telling myself and DH we can't afford another with the older we get and more health issues and not being able to visit family.