Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling >

Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling

Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling

Old 10-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Jim

Default Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling

I was fortunate enough to attend a Trunk Show by Jenny Doan at a Shop Hop in Ky., last Friday (10-14). It was incredible...She and her husband, Ron were so down to earth and the presentation was both hilariously funny as well as informational. She announced that it was to be thier last Trunk Show on the road for a few years. Her children, who actually own the company said "everyone who visits Disney World expects to see Mickey" and she took the hint. So she will be spending more time around Hamilton, Missouri at all the shops and have more family time with her children and grandchildren, as well as meet so many of the fans who travel to Missouri Star Quilt Company. Some day I'd like to take that long 8 hour drive to visit Hamilton and see her again, as well as roaming through the 8 shops they have there now. If you ever have the opportunity to see one of her trunk shows, it is one of the best times you will ever experience.[ATTACH=CONFIG]560408[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 14705811_10207428343368100_1417207737841022087_n.jpg  
Old 10-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Jim, you really should make the trip - I was lucky enough to be able to go a few weeks ago. I didn't see Jenny but the shops and the whole town is just special! They are up to 13 storefronts now, but some are connected and on an upper level. I was there right after the Birthday Bash weekend and was afraid that stock would be low, but there was plenty to see and buy!
Old 10-18-2016, 03:19 AM

On my bucket list. :-)
Old 10-18-2016, 03:51 AM

I've also met Jenny and she is so down to earth, a regular gal with no airs. I've been to Hamilton twice now and have come home with bags of fabric, and that was when she had only one store.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:18 AM

DH and I are planning a trip to MSQCO next summer if things work out and also a stop in OK at the Pioneer Woman new mercantile store.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:54 AM

I would love to meet Jenny in Hamilton or any place! I love her tutorials, she has inspired me to make projects I never thought I could do. I met her daughter-in-law at the American Quilter's Society show in Daytona Beach in March - she was very nice. I got the impression that Jenny is down to earth and so kind from what I have read about her and seen online and told her that and she, of course, agreed. I love their website and have bought from them several times.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Next June/July I'm taking a road trip up north to Indiana via Hamilton, Mo. Told DH and he said I suppose we can stop for an hour. I looked at him and said then I guess we take 2 cars and he can just go on to Indiana and I might be a day late. I have been wanting to go for some time and not just for an hour!
Old 10-18-2016, 06:33 AM
Jim

My wife didn't want to go because she doesn't like to sit that long( she is a long-armer but wasn't interested, just doesn't register with me...LOL) So I treated my mother in law who is also a quilter. We had a great time!!! Now my mother in law wants to go to Hamilton next spring...it's an 8 hour drive and I don't travel that far well(problems with my legs) But, I think it may be something I have to start now to convince my wife we need to do...after all her Mother wants to do it, after all have to make sure Mom is happy !!!!
Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 AM

i had the privilege of going to missouri and meeting her at the shops we spent about 15 minutes just gabbing and catching up on a few things we had talked about online previous to meeting so it was a great visit
Old 10-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

She an her family deserves every good thing that comes their way. Yeah Jenny!