Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling >

Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling

Jenny Doan will be spending more time in Ha,milton Missouri and less time traveling

Old 10-18-2016, 02:00 PM

I met her at the Houston Show in 2014 and she is delightful.
I am hoping to get to Hamilton in 2017.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:37 PM

I saw one of her shows. It was wonderful. She was so nice and funny. I would love to go to Missouri Star also.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:04 AM

Happy to hear I might have a chance to meet her when I go there in April on a bus trip.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 PM

Family first! I try to live that way, too. Good for her and her family.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 PM

I always knew Id get to Hamilton to visit Jenny and all the quilt shops. Hubby and I went down this past Friday, the day she was in Kentucky. As we had vacation from work, we couldn't change the time of year we went, but am glad to know she may be there the next time we visit. We really enjoyed our time there, everyone so friendly and helpful. And the burgers and fries are great too! Couldn't find 2 of the fabrics i was looking for, but they did offer to check the warehouse for me. For anyone going, remember to take pictures of any of the many quilts on display for reference. The employees are very helpful if you have any questions about the patterns or the fabrics in the quilts.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:31 AM

Thanks for this information. MSQ is on my list! I was fortunate to attend Jenny's trunk show in Georgia. I went early so that I could get a great seat. My family laughed at my excitement!!! See my avatar!
Old 10-20-2016, 04:07 AM

Jenny Doan is certainly an inspiration to all of us on lots of different levels. We all know her story! I also am planning to go there. We had traveled by car to visit our son in Ottawa Canada and hoped to stop-but it was Sunday. So, we will plan another time the next time we take a road trip. I know my husband will take a big book!. However, he will spend a fair amount of time looking through the shops and encouraging me to spend more. But, after a while, he will retreat to his book. Yes, all of us need to go there.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:49 PM

Jenny has worked hard to become a quilting Icon... I love her story and how she values family and friends. I envy those who have had the opportunity to meet her and hope to visit Hamilton some day.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:01 AM

MSQ co is on my bucket list also. I just love the material and precuts they have. but I do buy selectively. only what I absolutely LOVE. have to, or we would never be able to sew our stash up, before we go to the great beyond. DH was going very close to there a couple yrs ago, for a wood furnace, and wouldn't /couldn't take the time to let me spend a day, there, so it's still on my bucket list....