Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie quilting machine???? >

Tin Lizzie quilting machine????

Tin Lizzie quilting machine????

Old 01-26-2017, 11:04 AM

Default Tin Lizzie quilting machine????

I have been dreaming about owning a sit down quilter for a long time now.. I seen this on the tin lizzie site and Walmart on FB, they were running a special price for a 18 inch Tin Lizzie quilter with a table all for 2999.00. I really don't know that much about this machine but what I have read on it and some great reviews.

My question is does this seem like a good price and is there different models of a Tin Lizzie, like a cheaper version of the better one.. I guess I will have to do some more investigating on this, I just thought that if someone had this machine they could give me some advice and info on it. I know I have to be the one to decide which machine would be good for me. This machine is in my price range and I have saved for a while and have enough to buy this machine. What are your thoughts and how do you like this machine and is there cheepers models and better models of a Tin Lizzie.. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TINLIZZIE18_SITDOWN.pdf (1.07 MB, 387 views)
Old 01-26-2017, 05:43 PM

I have the Tiara and like it but it only came with 1 closed foot, a table with the 2 drop/up leaves, a bobbin winder and a stitch regulator. I bought mine used and paid a lot more them what you mention. I think it is a good deal. Tin Lizzie has been around for a long time.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:01 PM

I have a Tin Lizzie 18, and love it. Customer service is also great, and they have the parts lists free on their website. The good news is that it's a very basic, but well made machine. There's not a lot that can go wrong with them.
As far as other machines...I was told on the TL forum that my model of TL is the same as the Viking 18-8...and there are other machines out there, but I'm not sure which they are.. sewingmachinesplus.com has them, and they ship free..so that's a consideration, as mine weighs 78 pounds!
The only downside that I can see with them, is finding a dealer to service them...I'm in Upstate N.Y., and the closest one is 4 hours 1 way...if you live in a more populated area, you may have better luck. You can enter your zip on their website and see where your closest dealers are. On the other hand, they are very simple to clean, oil, and maintain yourself, and any sewing machine tech can adjust the tension, replace belt, etc..mine is 20 years old this year, and all I've ever had to replace was a belt about 3 years ago, and a spring just a month ago.
Good Luck to you, and enjoy whatever machine you get!
Old 01-26-2017, 06:27 PM

Not sure if you know of this site, but there are usually one or few sit down long arms for sale. People many times buy them and just use them a few times and sale them to get a stand up. The woman that runs this site has been in the longarm quilting world since the beginning.

http://www.longarmuniversity.com/MachinesForSale.html

You might want to test drive the Sweet Sixteen/Tiara, with a hopping foot for comparison.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for this post.